- Permanent Link:
- KLM Fokker Douglas DC-2, [ca. 1937]
- KLM (Airline) ( publisher )
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- KLM (Airline) ( lcsh )
Airplanes -- 1930-1940 ( lctgm )
Airports -- 1930-1940 ( lctgm )
Air travel -- 1930-1940 ( lctgm )
Advertising -- Airlines -- Netherlands ( lcsh )
Posters, Dutch -- 1930-1940 ( lctgm )
Lithographs -- Color -- 1930-1940 ( lctgm )
- conference publication ( marcgt )
festschrift ( marcgt )
comic strip ( marcgt )
poster ( aat )
- Commercial color lithographic poster, predominantly red and turquoise on off-white paper. Image of an airborne passenger plane with cutaway side of fuselage showing passengers seated inside flying over turquoise fields with the Amsterdam airport in the background; broad red band at bottom of poster with title in large black block letters.
- General Note:
- Needs attention; multiple slight tears at edges; some repaired with adhesive tape.
- General Note:
- Poster / KLM Fokker Douglas DC-2, c. 1937 / Designer and printer unknown / Published by KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Amsterdam, The Netherlands / Commercial color lithograph / 39 x 25 ¾ inches (99.1 x 65.4 centimeters) / Credit: The Wolfsonian-Florida International University, Miami Beach, Florida, The Mitchell Wolfson, Jr. Collection / TD1991.212.2 [Caption entered 04/02/03; Approved by Curatorial 04/02/03].
- Source Institution:
- The Wolfsonian-Florida International University
- Holding Location:
- The Wolfsonian FIU Library Collection ( AX 3fl ff 3PF8 A )
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- TD1991.212.2 ( accession number )
30644 ( EOS.Web )