1. In order to assist WCRWSA in developing at least 85 mgd of new water as
provided for in the Agreement, the DISTRICT shall fund $183 million for
WCRWSA projects, subject to the terms and conditions of the Agreement and the
limitations contained in this Exhibit.
2. DISTRICT funds shall not be used for any ground water project.
3. DISTRICT funds may be used for alternative water supply projects and
transmission pipelines to interconnect regionally significant water supply sources
and facilities of the AUTHORITY. "Alternative water supply projects" include,
but are not limited to, the following: (1) seawater desalination projects, (2) indirect
potable reuse projects, (3) brackish desalination projects, (4) surface water
projects with reservoir and ASR, (5) surface water projects with reservoir and (6)
surface water projects. (7) AeZ uki tbv\\ a redo laiwld ua k',T
4. DISTRICT funds shall not be used for any project outside of Hillsborough/ *
County, Pasco County and Pinellas County.
5. For the types of projects listed in item 3 above, the DISTRICT shall provide
a minimum of 50% of design and construction costs, but in no event shall the
DISTRICT fund more than 90% of design and construction costs.
6. The DISTRICT funds shall be made available consistent with their
collection as shown on Exhibit 2.
7. The DISTRICT funds shall be used to assist WCRWSA in implementing its
Master Water Plan and providing a minimum of 85 mgd of new water supply
capacity by December 31, 2007.