Group Title: Historic St. Augustine: Arrivas House Historical Reports
Title: Re: No. 45..alcede. 1788..(the one under construction now)
Full Citation
Permanent Link:
 Material Information
Title: Re: No. 45..alcede. 1788..(the one under construction now)
Series Title: Historic St. Augustine: Arrivas House Historical Reports
Physical Description: Research notes
Language: English
Physical Location:
Box: 5
Divider: Arrivas House Architecture
Folder: Arrivas House Historical Reports
Subject: Saint Augustine (Fla.)
46 Saint George Street (Saint Augustine, Fla.)
Arrivas House (Saint Augustine, Fla.)
Spatial Coverage: North America -- United States of America -- Florida -- Saint Johns -- Saint Augustine -- 46 Saint George Street
Coordinates: 29.896311 x -81.313236
 Record Information
Bibliographic ID: UF00096018
Volume ID: VID00005
Source Institution: University of Florida
Holding Location: University of Florida
Rights Management: All rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
Resource Identifier: B12-L21

Full Text
1 FEB 5 Rec'(

Re: Ne. 45..balcede.1788..(the one under construction new)
Note: Moncrief Map. Shows what leeks to be stone house
directly across from the de Hita place. With what leeks
like weeoden house in middle and stone house next.
These would be the 3 Rainsford places.
Note Puente's wording of these three on his map...
Stene...masanry....astene..Apparently the middle one was
different. Perhaps Mencrief, tee, wanted te show a difference.
But en ROTH for Alfensa Avere's ...STONE..
Jeffrey definitely makes it as STONR as the Arrivas.
New leek at a blown up de Selis. (who was famous for his
stretching of blocks, which puts houses out of focus)
and the three same houses are on Rainsford, still of stone.
NOTE en the south side of the Arrivas, the checkered house
meaning wood...
All of this means that the Alphonsa Avero house was stone
and stayed of stone and was across frew the de Hita except on
the do Selis, whose blocks are extended out of proportion.
And it means that the stone house of Antonia Avero south
of Arrivas in 17653 was of stone, but pre 1769 was built of

Note especially....All of the maps give space where Puente
had the 2nd Arrivas House. The one you did not restore or
rebuild. They all indicate that space..

Overlook the de Selis and Moncrief, Mr. Newton?
I have looked at them for years...


University of Florida Home Page
© 2004 - 2010 University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries.
All rights reserved.

Acceptable Use, Copyright, and Disclaimer Statement
Last updated October 10, 2010 - - mvs