Westbrook, Connecticut 06498 U.S.A (203) 399-7991
DECORATIVE CYLINDERS INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical equipment, basic safety precau-
tions should always be followed, including the following:
* READ AND FOLLOW ALL
* Do not use outdoors.
* Do not let power supply cords touch hot surfaces.
* Do not mount near gas or electric heaters.
* Use caution when handling batteries. Avoid possible
* Equipment should be mounted in locations and at
heights where it will not readily be subjected to
tampering by unauthorized personnel.
* The use of accessory equipment not recommended by
the manufacturer may cause an unsafe condition.
* Do not use this equipment for other than intended use.
1. Extend 24-hour AC supply of rated voltage to junction
box (4). Leave 14" of slack. AC circuit breaker must be
either locked or labeled: "DO NOT TURN OFF -
EMERGENCY LIGHTING." Circuit should not be
energized at this time.
2. If unit will be used for powering remote DC lamps,
extend DC wiring to junction box. DO NOT exceed
rated wattage rating of unit.
3. Remove canopy securement screw (3) and swing out
rear back box (1), which hinges to the left. Punch
appropriate knockouts. Universal mounting holes fit
4. Mount unit securely to junction box. Connect AC
wiring in accordance with schematic below. Insulate
unused input connection. Connect DC wiring to
printed circuit board screw terminals.
5. When ready to permanently energize AC circuit,
connect polarized battery plug (10) to circuit board
(11). Lamp(s) will not be on at this time.
6. Close canopy (2). Loosen adjustment screws on swivel
(5) and collar (6), to position lamphead(s).
7. Energize AC circuit. Both the yellow AC-indicator
and red high-charge lamp will illuminate at this time.
When battery has reached full charge, it is normal for
the red lamp to pulse on occasionally. However, if the
red lamp remains on for more than a week, it is an
indication of malfunction.
Allow one minute for circuits to stabilize before
testing. To test, slide test switch (15) to the left. Lamp(s)
will now function, and both yellow and red indicators
will extinguish. Release, and unit will return to normal
standby operation. If lamp(s) appear dim or do not light
during test, recheck installation or contact factory for
assistance. Allow a minimum of 24 hours before per-
forming full-load testing. All servicing should be carried
out by qualified personnel.
None required. However, unit should be tested quar-
terly, or in accordance with local codes.
To relamp, remove snap ring (7), and pull lamp
To install replacement battery, loosen cylinder sleeve
screw (8), and remove white cylinder (9). Replace battery
unit. Observe polarity!
This equipment is furnished with a low battery discon-
nect circuit in the emergency mode. However, if the
building is to be unoccupied for an extended period of
time and all power is to be disconnected, then the internal
batteries must be unplugged from the circuit board to
prevent damage. Do not allow battery wire to short
SI 277 (Orange)
I" Ml TO REMOTE
I I 120 (Blk)
A.C. N (White) 11 ---I'l---
Supply Ii-Gon- Battery
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS