August 8, 1972
Mrs. James J. DeVito
208 Inlet Drive
St. Augustine, Florida 32084
Dear Mrs. DeVito:
Per our meeting, listed below in order of priority are Items needed
to open the Museum of Florida Medical History:
1. Watch case: plastic dome on wooden cabinet enclosing push-
button taped repeating sound track 0 $300.
2. Twelve temporary mural panels: white-line brush drawings
on assorted dark-colored backgrounds @ $20 each including
3. Appropriate signs at foot and top of stairs and on cases.
No charge; to be made by us.
4. Spotlights and other special lighting effects @ $200.
5. Six showcases In assorted shapes and sizes, of wood or
wood-finished material to match the building, averaging
.6. Three glass-front bookcases, with locks, @ $60 each.
7. Twelve 4' x 6' panel paintings depicting the history of
medicine in Florida, @ $1000 each including necessary
8. Two strips of carpet.to run the length of the building
in front of the murals; totalcost $200. -
9. Eventually more showcases in assorted sizes and shapes,
as collection Increases.
I think financing is already available, or at least feasible, for the
first six items; the remainder can be goals for the future.
Carleton I. Calkin
cc: John W. Griffin