FEB. 22, 1989
TO: BOARD OF DIRECTORS/TRUSTEES
FROM: DAVID SCOTT)
SUBJECT: PROPOSED FACADE TREATMENT OF THE PAREDES/DODGE HOUSE
The front facade of the Paredes/Dodge House is in need of
restoration and rehabilitation. The entire house is in need of
an extensive restoration, but because of the lack of funds I
propose the following front facade work as a minimum:
1. Re-patch pitted coquina with a soft historic lime based white
stucco. (re-stucco entire facade?)
2. Remove inappropriate later addition flower boxes.
3. Remove inappropriate iron grillwork from first story windows.
4. Repair rotted sills, jambs and other deteriorated woodwork.
5. Repaint entire front facade San Augustin White*.
6. Repaint all exterior front facade trim Paredes House Grey*.
This color was discovered on the trim on this building and dated
to colonial times.
7. Repaint Zocalo either Fatio House Red or King's Bakery Black.
We might want to eliminate the Zocalo altogether for we don't
have historic evidence that the house had a Zocalo. I think that
if we decide to have a Zocalo on the house that it should be
King's Bakery Black because that is the only documented Zocalo
color yet found in St. Augustine and I think it would match well
with the grey trim.
*Histcoric Colors of Spanish St. Augustine, City of St. Aug.