San Agustin Antiguo Foundation, Inc.
Post Office Box 1987
St. Augustine, Florida 32085
December 23, 1988
Ms. Carole Recore
54 St. George Street
St. Augustine, FL 32084
Dear Ms. Recore:
Because of our concern for potential fire damage to one of only
thirty-five original colonial structures in St. Augustine, I have asked
that you not use the fireplace in the house. I understand your need for
heat during winter hours while the store is open, and I have ordered a
kerosene space heater for your use. Please be careful in using it and
don't leave it on when you are not in the store.
I have asked our maintenance staff to block off the front of the
fireplace rather than just the flue, thereby preventing someone from
starting a fire in the fireplace not knowing that the chimney is blocked
off. I have also asked that they block off the top to the chimney to
prevent brids from nesting there.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any
questions about this or other matters, please feel free to contact me.