- Permanent Link:
- 1951 University of Florida Homecoming (Production number 42)
- Earl Jernigan
- Place of Publication:
- Gainesville, FL
- Earl Jernigan
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- University of Florida.
Florida Blue Key
- Spatial Coverage:
- North America -- United States of America -- Florida
- Homecoming 1951 shows two baton twirlers performing. A group of men and a few women are then shown leaving Tigert Hall and getting into automobiles. The University of Florida Homecoming Parade follows with floats, marching bands, other groups, and views of the spectators. The final scenes are of some of the Homecoming house and dorm decorations, the Florida Blue Key Banquet, and a few events at Gator Growl. Many of the scenes also appear in production number 10. However, that reel includes footage of the football game and Swimcapades.
- General Note:
0:17 Two female baton twirlers do a routine with fireworks juxtaposed around them. A cascade of fireworks appears alone in the last few seconds.
1:00 Men and a few women are seen leaving Tigert Hall and getting into automobiles parked by the curb. UF president J. Hillis Miller is among the group. A group of men in a convertible are shown waving.
1:45 Group of spectators seen applauding
group of children
2:42 Review stand with spectators watching the parade
2:50 Floats seen again
3:20 Group of children holding a sign, J.J. Finley
Group of children hold a sign, Kirby Smith
3:56 Fraternity men in tribal garb are shown climbing up on the review stand and then climbing down
A man stands up in a moving convertible and speaks to the crowd
Car with women
Decorated car with sign, Delta Chi
4:37 People leave the review stand
4:45 Women on a float holding a sign which reads, "We Hit a Tree"
Brief scene of women working on house decorations at AOT
Some men work on house decorations and put up a sign "under Fuller Warren governor"
5:16 Scenes of some of the house and dorm Homecoming decorations
6:23 Florida Blue Key Banquet with the speaker (possibly guest speaker General Gray)
Men at some of the tables shown listening
J. Hillis Miller shown
6:58 Gator Growl skit - jungle theme
7:29 Male baton twirler does intricate routine
8:02 Film ends
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida Archives
- Rights Management:
- Copyright Board of Trustees of the University of Florida