Title: Griffin-Floyd Hall
Full Citation
Permanent Link: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00080365/00003
 Material Information
Title: Griffin-Floyd Hall
Physical Description: Image/Photograph
Creator: Kesse, Erich J., 1959-
Subjects / Keywords: Historic buildings
College buildings
Ephemera -- Florida   ( ltgm )
Artifacts -- Florida   ( aat )
Spatial Coverage: North America -- United States of America -- Florida -- Alachua -- Gainesville
Coordinates: 29.6501139360802 x -82.3437321524107
General Note: The College of Agriculture Building, designed in Collegiate Gothic style by architect William A. Edwards, opened in 1912. Detailed reliefs representing cornucopias decorate its arched entrances. The Agriculture Building was later named for Major Wilbur L. Floyd, an assistant dean of the College of Agriculture, 1915-38. Dr. Floyd was a professor of agriculture, biology, and physics. - Used for storage for many years, Floyd Hall was renovated in 1992 with the funding support of UF benefactor Ben Hill Griffin, Jr., and the building was renamed in his honor. - Griffin-Floyd Hall was added to the National Register in 1979. It is a part of the University of Florida Campus Historic District, a collection of buildings added to the National Register as an historic district in 1989.
Funding: Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
 Record Information
Bibliographic ID: UF00080365
Volume ID: VID00003
Source Institution: University of Florida
Holding Location: University of Florida
Rights Management: All rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
Resource Identifier: University of Florida building number 10

University of Florida Home Page
© 2004 - 2010 University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries.
All rights reserved.

Acceptable Use, Copyright, and Disclaimer Statement
Last updated October 10, 2010 - Version 2.9.9 - mvs