- Permanent Link:
- Metal developed using levitation (npa0117)
- University of Florida. News Bureau.
- University of Florida. News and Public Affairs.
- Publication Date:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Abbaschian, Gholamreza
University of Florida
- Spatial Coverage:
- North America -- United States of America -- Florida -- Alachua -- Gainesville
North America -- United States of America -- Florida
- University of Florida professor Dr. Gholamreza Abbaschian and his graduate student Joseph Patchett work on developing a new metal material which is produced in a lab situation which simulates the weightless condition found in space. The molten material is levitated and a stronger, lighter materials is the result. The research, which is part of the microfabritech program is funded by the Navy.
- General Note:
- Title: [Metal developed using levitation]: Date: ca. 1983: Reported by: Chris Dudley: Duration: 00:00:59: File name: NPA0117: Original format: 3/4" umatic videotape. Intermediate format: Sony Beta SP. Digitization completed by: Total Video (Gainesville, Fl)
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida Archives
- Rights Management:
- Copyright Board of Trustees of the University of Florida
- Resource Identifier: