- Permanent Link:
- Saint Vincent government gazette
- Portion of title:
- Government gazette
- Portion of title:
- St. Vincent government gazette
- Saint Vincent
- Place of Publication:
- Kingstown, St. Vincent
Kingstown St. Vincent
- Publication Date:
- December 5, 1951
- Physical Description:
- v. : ; 35 cm.
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Gazettes -- Periodicals -- Saint Vincent ( lcsh )
- serial ( sobekcm )
legislation ( marcgt )
federal government publication ( marcgt )
periodical ( marcgt )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines -- Saint Vincent
- Dates or Sequential Designation:
- v. 1, no. 1 (1868)-v. 112, no. 48 (Tues., 23 Oct. 1979)
- General Note:
- Description based on: Vol. 111, no. 1 (Tues., 3 Jan. 1978); title from caption.
- General Note:
- Supplements which accompany some numbers contain extraordinary issues, ordinances, statutory rules of order, etc.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- The University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries respect the intellectual property rights of others and do not claim any copyright interest in this item. This item may be protected by copyright but is made available here under a claim of fair use (17 U.S.C. Â§107) for non-profit research and educational purposes. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by fair use or other copyright exemptions. Any reuse of this item in excess of fair use or other copyright exemptions requires permission of the copyright holder. The Smathers Libraries would like to learn more about this item and invite individuals or organizations to contact Digital Services (UFDC@uflib.ufl.edu) with any additional information they can provide.
- Resource Identifier:
- 19844741 ( OCLC )
sn 89018505 ( LCCN )
GAZE I E
ublihhed bg uthoArit.
VOL. 84.] SAINT VINCIENT, WEDNESDAY, 5 DECEMBER, 1951. [No. 64.
VISIT OF HIS EXCELLENCY THE GOVERNOR.
It is notified for general information that His Excellency the
Governor, Brigadier Sir R. D. H. Arundell, K.C.M.G., O.B.E. arrived
in the Colony by plane, today, on a short official visit.
His Excellency is expected to leave the Colony tomorrow, 6th
A. L. SAMUEL,
Acting Government Secretary.
5th December, 1951.
PRINTED BY THE GOVERNMENT PRINTER AT THE GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE,
KINGSTOWN, ST. VINCENe.
[ Price 24 cents. 1
SAINT VINC ENT'
LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL OF SAINT VINCENT.
MEETING TO BE HELD AT THE COUNCIL CHAMBER, KINGSTOWN, ON
THURSDAY, 6TH DECEMBER, 1951 AT 10 A.M.
2. Confirmation of Minutes of the meeting held on 1st November, 1951.
4. Notices of Motions
6. Papers (See Schedule)
THE ORDER OF THE DAY.
The Honourable Colonial Treasurer to move-
That this Council approve the Export Duties (Amendment No. 2) Order,
1951, made by the Governor in Council under section 3 of the Export Duties
Ordinance, 1933, (No. 12 of 1933) on the 9th day of November, 1951.
The Honourable E. T. Joshua, Member for North Windward to move :-
1. WHEREAS by the votes of the electorate under adult suffrage the
people of the Colony of Saint Vincent as in duty bound voted for a candidate
or candidates of their choice.
BE IT RESOLVED that the said people of the said Colony of Saint Vincent in
any or all constituencies shall have the right to the recall of any member
who fails to discharge his obligations as an elected representative of the
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this failure shall be determined by petition
of the electorate of the particular constituency, and receives the assent of
not less than two-thirds of the elected members on the Legislative Council.
2. WHEREAS Clearmont Andrews, ex-prison Warder was dismissed on the
11th July 1951 from his position as Warder-Baker of the Prison Institutions
without a hearing in his own defence and without due consideration given
to his case.
AND WHEREAS the facts in his defence were ignored
AND WHEREAS in the interest of Justice every citizen has the right to a
fair hearing in matters which affect his vital welfare and livelihood.
BE IT RESOLVED that this Council agrees to the setting up of a three-man
commission to enquire into the case of the said Clearnont Andrews with the
view of doing Justice towards reinstating Andrews in his employment with
consideration of his 8 years service.
The Honourable J. A. Bayn':s, Member for St. George, to move :-
FOR WHEREAS it has been found expedient to bring the remuneration of
members of the Legislative Council in common ratio and in line with the
other West Indian Colonies AND WHEREAS the dignity of members of our
Legislature should be maintained by the revision of the sum at present paid
to members of the Council BE IT RESOLVED that this Council agrees to a
remuneration of One Hundred and sixty dollars ($160.00) to have effect as
from the legal date of payment of members of the New Legislative Council.
Fox FIST RAING :-
The Stamp (Amendment) Bill
The Public Utility Undertakings and Public Health Services Arbitration Bill
The Aid to Pioneer Industries Bill
FOR SECOND READING :-
The Compensation for Injuries (Amendment) Bill.
The Immigration (Restriction) (Amendment) Bill.
The Trade Unions & Trade Disputes (Amendment) Bill.
The Income Tax (Amendment No. 2) Bill.
The Police (Amendment) Bill.
Council Paper No. 65 of 1951.-Minutes of Meeting of Finance Committee held on
the 28th August, 1951.
Council Paper No. 66 of 1951.-Minutes of Meeting of Finance Committee held on
the 3rd November, 1951.
Council Paper No. 67 of 1951.-The Post Office (Amendment No. 6) Regulations,
Council Paper No. 68 of 1l51.-The Post Office (Amendment No. 7) Regulations,
Council Paper 'No. 69 of 1951.-Report on Medical and Sanitary Department, 1950.
Council Paper No. 70 of 1951.-Electricity Supply & Refrigeration (Amendment)
Council Paper No. 71 of 1951.-The Prison (Amendment) Rules, 1951.