- Permanent Link:
- Leeward Islands gazette
- Leeward Islands (West Indies)
- Place of Publication:
- Gov. Printing Office]
- Publication Date:
- Dec 9, 1950
- Physical Description:
- reels. : ;
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Politics and government -- Periodicals -- Leeward Islands (West Indies) ( lcsh )
- serial ( sobekcm )
periodical ( marcgt )
- Dates or Sequential Designation:
- 1- , 1872-
- General Note:
- Two pages per frame.
- General Note:
- Supplements, issued with some numbers, contain departmental reports, Meteorological registers, ordinances, statutory rules and orders, etc., of Antigua, St. Kitts and Nevis, Montserrat, and the British Virgin Islands.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- This item is presumed to be in the public domain. The University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries respect the intellectual property rights of others and do not claim any copyright interest in this item. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by fair use or other copyright exemptions. Any reuse of this item in excess of fair use or other copyright exemptions may require permission of the copyright holder. The Smathers Libraries would like to learn more about this item and invite individuals or organizations to contact Digital Services (UFDC@uflib.ufl.edu) with any additional information they can provide.
- Resource Identifier:
- 001724221 ( ALEPH )
AJD6739 ( NOTIS )
(EXTRA ORDIN ,
0ubitsbeb big tut)ority.
VOL. LXXVIII. SATURDAY, 9TH DECEMBER, 1950. No. 105.
STATUTORY RULES AND ORDERS.
1950, No. 36.
THE EMERGENCY LAWS (MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS) ORDER,
1950, DATED DECEMBER 9, 1950, MADE BY THE GOVERNOR
BY VIRTUE OF THE POWERS VESTED IN HIM IN THAT BEHALF.
WHEREAS section 18 of the Emergency Laws (Transi-
tional Provisions) Act, 1946 (Imperial) (hereinafter called the
Act of 1946) as amended by section 8 of the Emergency Laws
(Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1947 (hereinafter called the
Act of 1947) empowered His Majesty by Order in Council to
make provision for the continuation in force until the tenth day
of December 1950, of Defence Regulations having effect in the
Colonies and other territories, and provision was so made by
the Emergency Laws (Transitional Provisions) (Colonies, etc.)
Order in Council, 1946 (hereinafter called the Order of 1946)
and the Emergency Laws (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Colonies,
etc.) Order in Council, 1947:
AND WHEREAS section 3 of the Emergency Laws
(Continuance) Order, 1950, (hereinafter called the Order of
1950) made on the second day of November, 1950, in pursu-
ance of the Act of 1947 provides that the powers exercisable
under section 18 of the Act of 1946 shall be exercisable in
relation to any Defence Regulations remaining in force by
virtue of the said section 18 when the Order of 1950 was made
as if for the reference to the tenth day of December, 1950
there were substituted a reference to the tenth day of December,
AND WHEREAS the Emergency Laws (Miscellaneous
Provisions) (Colonies, etc.) Order in Council, 1950 made by
His Majesty the King on the eighth day of December, 1950
under the provisions of the above recited Acts and Orders,
empowers the Governor by Order to provide-
(a) for the continuation in force until the tenth day
December, 1951 of any Defence Regulations in force in
the Colony immediately before the date of the making of
the Order of 1950 by virtue of section 18 of the Act of
(b) that any Defence Regulation so continued in
force shall have effect subject to such exceptions, limita-
tions and modifications as the Governor thinks necessary
r or expedient:
L3. f ?
NOW, THEREFORE, the Governor in pursuance of
section 18 of the Act of 1946 and section 3 of the Order of
1950, and the Emergency Laws (Miscellaneous Provisions)
(Colonies, etc.) Order in Council, 1950, and of all other powers
enabling him in that behalf is pleased to order, and it is hereby
ordered as follows:-
1. Short Title. This Order may be cited as the
Emergency Laws (Miscellaneous Provisions) Order, 1950.
2. Continuation. The Defence Regulations mentioned
in the Schedule to this Order, being Defence Regulations
remaining in force in the Colony by virtue of section 18 of the
Act of 1946 and being in force immediately before the date of
the making of the Order of 1950 shall continue in force until
the tenth day of December, 1951.
Made by the Governor this 9th day of December, 1950.
K. W. BLACKBURNE,
1. The Defence (Import and Export Restriction) Regulations,
1943 as amended by the Defence (Import and Export Restriction)
(Amendment) Regulations, 1948.
2. The Defence (Trading with the Enemy) Regulations, 1939, and
all amendments thereto.
(This Note is not part of the Order, but is intended to indicate its
The purpose of this Order is to extend the duration of the Defence
(Import and Export Restriction) Regulations, 1943, as amended, (which
controls the importation into and the exportation from the Colony of
all goods) and the Defence (Trading with the Enemy) Regulations, 1939
and all amendments thereto, to the 10th day of December, 1951.
Printed at the Government Printing Office, Leeward Islands,
by E. M. BLACKMAN. Government Printer.-By Authority.