- Permanent Link:
- The West Indies gazette
- West Indies (Federation)
- Place of Publication:
- Port of Spain Trinidad
- Govt. Print. Off.
- Publication Date:
- May 22, 1962
- Physical Description:
- : ; 34 cm.
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Politics and government -- Periodicals -- West Indies (Federation) ( lcsh )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Trinidad and Tobago -- Trinidad
- Dates or Sequential Designation:
- v.1- Jan. 3, 1958-
- General Note:
- Includes supplements consisting of bills, ordinances, statutory rules & orders, etc.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- The University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries respect the intellectual property rights of others and do not claim any copyright interest in this item. This item may be protected by copyright but is made available here under a claim of fair use (17 U.S.C. Â§107) for non-profit research and educational purposes. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by fair use or other copyright exemptions. Any reuse of this item in excess of fair use or other copyright exemptions requires permission of the copyright holder. The Smathers Libraries would like to learn more about this item and invite individuals or organizations to contact Digital Services (UFDC@uflib.ufl.edu) with any additional information they can provide.
- Resource Identifier:
- ABV7930 ( LTUF )
01646171 ( OCLC )
000328383 ( AlephBibNum )
The West Indies Gazette
Vol. 5 Tuesday, 22nd May 1962 No. 19
TABLE OF CONTENTS
No. Subject Matter Page
44 Appointment of Interim Commissioner 41
Appointment of Interim Commissioner
On the invitation of the Secretary of State made with the agreement of the
Governments of the territories in the Federation of The West Indies Sir Stephen
Luke, K.C.M.G. has agreed to accept appointment to be Interim Commissioner
for The West Indies. It is proposed that the post should be created under the
provisions to be made for the dissolution of the Federation of The West Indies. It
is expected that Sir Stephen Luke will assume office in Port of Spain on 29th May
1962 and that the Federation will be dissolved at midnight on 31st May 1962.
Sir Stephen Luke is Senior Crown Agent for Oversea Governments and Ad-
ministrations and was formerly Comptroller for Development and Welfare, West
Indies. During his absence which is expected to be of a few months' duration
Sir Alfred Savage, K.C.M.G. will act, as Senior Crown Agent and Sir James
Farquharson,K.B.E., Engineer in Chief, will act as second Crown Agent.
Sir Stephen is expected to arrive in Port of Spain by air on 27th May, when he
will stay for a few days with His Excellency the Governor-General at Governor-
General's House. After His Excellency's departure, the Interim Commissioner
will occupy 70 Ellerslie Park, the former residence of the Deputy Governor-
The Secretary of State has nominated Mr. D.S. Brookes to be Secretary to the
Interim Commissioner. His senior legal, financial and administrative staff will
consist of Mr. S.S. Ramphal, Mr. E. Waterman, Mr. G.V. Mancini, O.B.E., and
Mr. O.E. Henry.
1 Published by the Government of The West Indies
W and printed in Federal House, Port of Spain, Trinidad, The West Indies.