- Permanent Link:
- The West Indies gazette
- West Indies (Federation)
- Place of Publication:
- Port of Spain Trinidad
- Govt. Print. Off.
- Publication Date:
- October 16, 1961
- Physical Description:
- : ; 34 cm.
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Politics and government -- Periodicals -- West Indies (Federation) ( lcsh )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Trinidad and Tobago -- Trinidad
- Dates or Sequential Designation:
- v.1- Jan. 3, 1958-
- General Note:
- Includes supplements consisting of bills, ordinances, statutory rules & orders, etc.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- The University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries respect the intellectual property rights of others and do not claim any copyright interest in this item. This item may be protected by copyright but is made available here under a claim of fair use (17 U.S.C. Â§107) for non-profit research and educational purposes. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by fair use or other copyright exemptions. Any reuse of this item in excess of fair use or other copyright exemptions requires permission of the copyright holder. The Smathers Libraries would like to learn more about this item and invite individuals or organizations to contact Digital Services (UFDC@uflib.ufl.edu) with any additional information they can provide.
- Resource Identifier:
- ABV7930 ( LTUF )
01646171 ( OCLC )
000328383 ( AlephBibNum )
The West Indies Gazette
VOL. 4 MONDAY, 16TH OCTOBER, 1961 No. 43
TABLE OF CONTENTS
No. SUBJECT MATTER PAGE
130 Appointment of Secretary of State for the Colonies 87
131 Governor-General ... ... ... ... 87
132 Chairman, West Indies Shipping Corporation ... 87
APPOINTMENT OF SECRETARY OF STATE FOR THE COLONIES
THE Right Honourable REGINALD MAULDING, M.P., has been appointed as Secretary of State for the Colonies
in succession to the Right Honourable lain Macleod, M.P.
2. Her Majesty the Queen entrusted Mr. Maudling with the Seal of the Colonial Department on the
16th October, 1961.
His EXCELLENCY The Right Honourable LORD HAILES, G.B.E., returned to Trinidad from leave in the United
Kingdom and resumed the functions of the office of Governor-General of The West Indies on the 15th October,
CHAIRMAN, WEST INDIES SHIPPING CORPORATION
IT is notified for general information that Mr. R. C. Duff Urquhart, C.B.E., has resigned the chairmanship of
the West Indies Shipping Corporation with effect from the 15th October, 1961.
2. In consequence of Mr. Duff Urquhart's resignation, the Minister of Communications and Works, in
accordance with the provisions of section 5 (2) of The West Indies Shipping Corporation Act, 1961, has been
pleased to appoint MR. PHILIP LAZZARI as Chairman to the West Indies Shipping Corporation with effect from
the 16th October.
29th September, 1961.
GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE, TRINIDAD, W.I.-1961
3aJ 5 qo