- Permanent Link:
- The West Indies gazette
- West Indies (Federation)
- Place of Publication:
- Port of Spain Trinidad
- Govt. Print. Off.
- Publication Date:
- March 25, 1960
- Physical Description:
- : ; 34 cm.
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Politics and government -- Periodicals -- West Indies (Federation) ( lcsh )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Trinidad and Tobago -- Trinidad
- Dates or Sequential Designation:
- v.1- Jan. 3, 1958-
- General Note:
- Includes supplements consisting of bills, ordinances, statutory rules & orders, etc.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- The University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries respect the intellectual property rights of others and do not claim any copyright interest in this item. This item may be protected by copyright but is made available here under a claim of fair use (17 U.S.C. Â§107) for non-profit research and educational purposes. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by fair use or other copyright exemptions. Any reuse of this item in excess of fair use or other copyright exemptions requires permission of the copyright holder. The Smathers Libraries would like to learn more about this item and invite individuals or organizations to contact Digital Services (UFDC@uflib.ufl.edu) with any additional information they can provide.
- Resource Identifier:
- ABV7930 ( LTUF )
01646171 ( OCLC )
000328383 ( AlephBibNum )
THE WEST INDIES GAZETTE
Vol. 3 FRIDAY, 25th MARCH, 1960 No. 9
PART II-STATUTORY INSTRUMENTS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
4 of 1960 Proclamation bringing into effect new definition of
"Governor", in accordance with the provisions of the
Interpretation Regulations (Amendment) Act, 1959.
3,2. 72, 7
L, o 5" aS
,2 I ____
Proclamation by the Governor-General 13
THE WEST INDIES
STATUTORY INSTRUMENT No. 4 of 1960.
By His Excellency the Right Honourable
The Lord Hailes, Member of Her Majesty's
Most Honourable Privy Council, Knight
[L.S.1 Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order
of the British Empire, Governor-General
and Commander-in-Chief of THE WEST
etc. etc. etc.
WHEREAS by section 3 of the Interpretation Regulations
(Amendment) Act, 1959, it is provided that the definition of "Governor"
Cap. 291. inserted by section 2 of that Act in the Interpretation Regulations, 1958,
shall have effect in relation to the respective Territories mentioned
therein on such date or dates as the Governor-General may by
AND WHEREAS it is expedient that the said definition shall
have effect in relation to all the Territories mentioned therein as from.
the 1st day of January, one thousand nine hundred and sixty:
NOW THEREFORE by virtue of the powers and authority in
me vested I do hereby, appoint the 1st day of January, one, thousand nine
hundred and sixty as the day on which the said definition shall have effect
in relation to all the Territories mentioned therein.
Given under my Hand and the Public Seal of
the Federation this 17th day of March, 1960,
in the Ninth Year of Her Majesty's Reign.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.
By His Excellency's Command,
M. S. STAVELEY,
Secretary to the Governor-General.
Printed by Yuille's Printerie Limited, Trinidad,
by authority of the Government of The West Indies.