- Permanent Link:
- The West Indies gazette
- West Indies (Federation)
- Place of Publication:
- Port of Spain Trinidad
- Govt. Print. Off.
- Publication Date:
- September 18, 1959
- Physical Description:
- : ; 34 cm.
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Politics and government -- Periodicals -- West Indies (Federation) ( lcsh )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Trinidad and Tobago -- Trinidad
- Dates or Sequential Designation:
- v.1- Jan. 3, 1958-
- General Note:
- Includes supplements consisting of bills, ordinances, statutory rules & orders, etc.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- The University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries respect the intellectual property rights of others and do not claim any copyright interest in this item. This item may be protected by copyright but is made available here under a claim of fair use (17 U.S.C. Â§107) for non-profit research and educational purposes. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by fair use or other copyright exemptions. Any reuse of this item in excess of fair use or other copyright exemptions requires permission of the copyright holder. The Smathers Libraries would like to learn more about this item and invite individuals or organizations to contact Digital Services (UFDC@uflib.ufl.edu) with any additional information they can provide.
- Resource Identifier:
- ABV7930 ( LTUF )
01646171 ( OCLC )
000328383 ( AlephBibNum )
The West Indies Gazette
VOL. 2 FRIDAY, 18TH SEPTEMBER, 1959 No. 41
TABLE OF CONTENTS
No. SUBJECT MATTER PAGE No. SUBJECT MATTER PAG
99 Appointment in the Federal Public Service ... 95 100 Federal Emergency Committee... ... ... 95
APPOINTMENT IN THE FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE
THE FEDERAL SECRETARY, acting under the powers conferred on him by the Appointments in the Public Service
(Delegation) Regulations, 1958, has, after consultation with the temporary Federal Public Service Commission,
appointed Mr. EDWIN C. MONTEIL as Housing Manager, Ministry of Communications and Works, with effect
from the 1st September, 1959.
FEDERAL EMERGENCY COMMITTEE
AFTER consultation with Unit Governments, the Federal Government has assumed responsibility for co-ordinat-
ing relief measures in the event of serious hurricane damage or other major disaster occurring either in the
federated territories or in British Guiana, the British Virgin Islands and British Honduras.
2. In view of the above, His Excellency the acting Governor-General has been pleased to appoint the
following persons as members of a Federal Emergency Committee to be responsible for undertaking and
directing all immediate emergency work relating to the co-ordination of relief activities outside the stricken
The Federal Secretary-Chairman
The Federal Financial Secretary
The Permanent Secretary or other Senior Administrative Officer in each Federal Ministry
The Federal Medical Adviser
The Federal Building Adviser
The Federal Information Officer
The Federal Defence Officer
The Overseas officer for the Caribbean and North Atlantic Branch of the St. John Ambulance Brigade
The Director of the Trinidad Branch of the British Red Cross Society
A representative of the Incorporated Chambers of Commerce of the British Caribbean
Senior Assistant Secretary, Federal Secretariat-Secretary
Additional persons will be co-opted as necessary.
16th September, 1959.
GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE, TRINIDAD, W.I.--1959