- Permanent Link:
- The West Indies gazette
- West Indies (Federation)
- Place of Publication:
- Port of Spain Trinidad
- Govt. Print. Off.
- Publication Date:
- August 28, 1959
- Physical Description:
- : ; 34 cm.
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Politics and government -- Periodicals -- West Indies (Federation) ( lcsh )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Trinidad and Tobago -- Trinidad
- Dates or Sequential Designation:
- v.1- Jan. 3, 1958-
- General Note:
- Includes supplements consisting of bills, ordinances, statutory rules & orders, etc.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- The University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries respect the intellectual property rights of others and do not claim any copyright interest in this item. This item may be protected by copyright but is made available here under a claim of fair use (17 U.S.C. Â§107) for non-profit research and educational purposes. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by fair use or other copyright exemptions. Any reuse of this item in excess of fair use or other copyright exemptions requires permission of the copyright holder. The Smathers Libraries would like to learn more about this item and invite individuals or organizations to contact Digital Services (UFDC@uflib.ufl.edu) with any additional information they can provide.
- Resource Identifier:
- ABV7930 ( LTUF )
01646171 ( OCLC )
000328383 ( AlephBibNum )
The West Indies Gazette
VOL. 2 FRIDAY, 28TH AUGUST, 1959 No. 4!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
No. SUBJECT MATTER PAGE No. SUBJECT MATTER PAG
97 Assignment for special duties ... ... 93 98 Delegation of Powers under Section 108 of the
Defence Act ... ... ... ... 93
ASSIGNMENT FOR SPECIAL DUTIES
MR. F. A. PHILLIPS, Senior Assistant Secretary, Federal Secretariat, has been assigned, for a period of about
four months from 26th August, 1959, for special duties, inter alia, as follows:-
(a) as a member of the Committee appointed to make recommendations on how the services at present
provided by the central staffs in the Leeward and Windward Islands should be provided in
(b) as Secretary of the Federal Constitution Review Conference to be convened on 28th September,
2. Consequent on the above, and until further notice:-
(i) MR. J. C. MALONE, Assistant Secretary (at present acting as Senior Assistant Secretary, Ministry of
Natural Resources and Agriculture) will act as Senior Assistant Secretary, Federal Secretariat;
(ii) MR. D. S. BROOKES, Assistant Secretary, Ministry of Natural Resources and Agriculture, will act as
Senior Assistant Secretary, Ministry of Natural Resources and Agriculture.
DELEGATION OF POWERS UNDER SECTION 108 OF THE DEFENCE ACT
BY virtue of the powers conferred on him by subsection (2) of Section 108 of the Defence Act, Cap. 101,
His Excellency the Governor-General, after consultation with the Prime Minister, has the 15th day of August,
1959, delegated to the Defence Officer the powers of the Governor-General as reviewing authority in respect of
any finding or sentence to be reviewed under subsection (1) of the aforesaid section 108 and against which no
petition under section 103 of the abovementioned Act has been presented.
GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFrins, TRINIDAD, W.t.-1959