- Permanent Link:
- The West Indies gazette
- West Indies (Federation)
- Place of Publication:
- Port of Spain Trinidad
- Govt. Print. Off.
- Publication Date:
- July 7, 1959
- Physical Description:
- : ; 34 cm.
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Politics and government -- Periodicals -- West Indies (Federation) ( lcsh )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Trinidad and Tobago -- Trinidad
- Dates or Sequential Designation:
- v.1- Jan. 3, 1958-
- General Note:
- Includes supplements consisting of bills, ordinances, statutory rules & orders, etc.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- The University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries respect the intellectual property rights of others and do not claim any copyright interest in this item. This item may be protected by copyright but is made available here under a claim of fair use (17 U.S.C. Â§107) for non-profit research and educational purposes. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by fair use or other copyright exemptions. Any reuse of this item in excess of fair use or other copyright exemptions requires permission of the copyright holder. The Smathers Libraries would like to learn more about this item and invite individuals or organizations to contact Digital Services (UFDC@uflib.ufl.edu) with any additional information they can provide.
- Resource Identifier:
- ABV7930 ( LTUF )
01646171 ( OCLC )
000328383 ( AlephBibNum )
The West Indies Gazette
VOL. 2 TUESDAY, 7TH JULY, 1959 No. 35
APPOINTMENT OF FEDERAL JUSTICE
THE Letters Patent appointing MR. CAMPBELL WYLrE, Q.C., to be a Federal Justice is published for general
THE WEST INDIES
By His Excellency the Right Honourable the LORD HAILES,
Member of Her Majesty's Most Honourable Privy
Council, Knight Grand Cross of the Most Excellent
Order of the British Empire, Governor-General and
Commander-in-Chief of the West Indies, &c., &c., &c.
TO ALL TO WHOM THESE PRESENTS SHALL COME
WHEREAS by paragraph (1) of article 74 of the Constitution of The West Indies it is provided that Federal Justices
shall be appointed by the Governor-General, acting in his discretion after consultation with the Prime Minister,
by instrument under the Public Seal :
Know therefore by these presents that, after consultation with the Honourable the Prime Minister, I do
hereby appoint MR. CAMPBELL WYLE to be a Federal Justice as from the fifth day of July, one thousand nine
hundred and fifty-nine, to have and exercise all the functions and authority appertaining to that office, in
accordance with the provisions of the Constitution of The West Indies.
In witness whereof I have caused these letters to be made patent and have caused to be affixed thereto the
Public Seal of The West Indies.
Given at Port-of-Spain, Trinidad, this 6th day of July, 1959,
in the Eighth year of Her Majesty's Reign.
M. S. STAVELEY
Secretary to the Governor-General
GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE, TRNIDAD, W.I.-1959