- Permanent Link:
- The West Indies gazette
- West Indies (Federation)
- Place of Publication:
- Port of Spain Trinidad
- Govt. Print. Off.
- Publication Date:
- May 10, 1958
- Physical Description:
- : ; 34 cm.
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Politics and government -- Periodicals -- West Indies (Federation) ( lcsh )
- serial ( sobekcm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Trinidad and Tobago -- Trinidad
- Dates or Sequential Designation:
- v.1- Jan. 3, 1958-
- General Note:
- Includes supplements consisting of bills, ordinances, statutory rules & orders, etc.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- The University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries respect the intellectual property rights of others and do not claim any copyright interest in this item. This item may be protected by copyright but is made available here under a claim of fair use (17 U.S.C. Â§107) for non-profit research and educational purposes. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by fair use or other copyright exemptions. Any reuse of this item in excess of fair use or other copyright exemptions requires permission of the copyright holder. The Smathers Libraries would like to learn more about this item and invite individuals or organizations to contact Digital Services (UFDC@uflib.ufl.edu) with any additional information they can provide.
- Resource Identifier:
- ABV7930 ( LTUF )
01646171 ( OCLC )
000328383 ( AlephBibNum )
The West Indies Gazette
SATURDAY, 10TH MAY, 1958
TABLE OF CONTENTS
No. SUBJECT MATTER PAGE
64 Matters Allotted to Departments of Federal
Government ... ... ... ... 45
MATTERS ALLOTTED TO DEPARTMENTS OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
IT is notified for general information that His Excellency the Governor-General has directed that, until further
notice, the matters listed in the Second Column of the Schedule set out below have been allotted to the Depart-
ment of the Federal Government indicated in the First Column of that Schedule.
Economic policy-Planning and Co-ordination.
Statistics--General, Trade and Vital Statistics.
Overseas Commissions in the United Kingdom and in Canada, and any
Relations with non-federating Caribbean territories and other countries.
External affairs (such as do not fall to the Governor-General).
Co-ordination of work of other Ministries.
Pensions and gratuities.
Customs and Excise.
Financial relations with University College of the West Indies.
Financial assistance to units. (Grants in aid).
C.D. & W. Allocations.
Unit C.D. & W. Schemes.
3. i 7' 7?
tltj 5 .1-
THE WEST INDIES GAZETTE
[May 10, 1958]
TRADE AND INDUSTRIES
NATURAL RESOURCES AND
LABOUR AND SOCIAL
External Trade Policy and negotiations.
Intra-regional trade policy and negotiations.
Relationships with Commodity organizations.
Oils and Fats Conference.
Co-ordinating Commodity Surveys.
Trade representation and promotion overseas.
Dissemination of commercial intelligence.
Trade and Tariff Commission matters.
Development of Industries.
Co-ordination of incentives and other policies (including tax reliefs).
Liaison with territorial Ministries responsible for Industrial Development
Development of Tourist Trade.
Operation of Regional Shipping Service.
West Indies Shipping Board.
Civil Aviation and ancillary services including ancillary transport services and
safety of aircraft.
Postal services subject to Article 97 of the Constitution.
Lighthouses, lightships, beacons, buoys and other provisions for the safety of
Telegraph and telephone services between the Federation and countries within
and outside the Federation.
Supervision and maintenance of Federal buildings. Provision and allocation of
Federal offices and buildings.
Preparing for Agricultural Census.
The establishment and maintenance and regulation of Federal agencies and
institutions for research and investigation or the promotion of special studies,
in relation to Natural Resources or agriculture.
Similarly Federal agencies for the purpose of advising or otherwise assisting
any Government, person or authority in relation to Natural Resources or
agriculture. Agricultural education, training and studies afforded by institu-
tions (other than U.C.W.I.).
Quarantine (including plant and animal protection).
Marketing of products.
Co-ordination of livestock research services.
University College (non-financial matters).
Federal libraries and similar institutions.
Medical and Health advisory, consultative and representational services to
Co-ordinating and organizing work in fields of Public Health, Nutrition,
Maternal and Child Welfare, Industrial Hygiene.
Advising territorial Governments through their Ministers on matters affecting
the Medical and Health Services and on standardization of Public Health
Compilation and distribution of labour statistics and information.
Co-ordination of action in I.L.O. conventions.
Advising territorial Governments on all labour matters.
Advising on inspections under Factories Acts and other legislation concerning
safety elements, &c.
GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE, TRINIDAD, B.W.I.-1958