- Permanent Link:
- The pied piper of Hamelin
- Browning, Robert, 1812-1889
Greenaway, Kate, 1846-1901
George Routledge and Sons ( Publisher )
- Egolf, Robert
- Place of Publication:
- London ;
- George Routledge and Sons
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 64 p. : col. ill. ; 26 cm.
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Children -- Conduct of life -- Juvenile poetry ( lcsh )
Conduct of life -- Juvenile poetry ( lcsh )
Pied Piper of Hamelin (Legendary character) -- Juvenile poetry ( lcsh )
Promises -- Juvenile poetry ( lcsh )
Avarice -- Juvenile poetry ( lcsh )
Rats -- Juvenile poetry ( lcsh )
Missing children -- Juvenile poetry ( lcsh )
Mayors -- Juvenile poetry ( lcsh )
Cooks -- Juvenile poetry ( lcsh )
Bldn -- 1888
- poetry ( marcgt )
- Spatial Coverage:
- England -- London
Scotland -- Glasgow
United States -- New York -- New York
- Target Audience:
- juvenile ( marctarget )
- The Pied Piper pipes a village free of rats, and when the villagers refuse to pay him for the service, he pipes away their children as well.
- General Note:
- Date of publication from inscription.
- General Note:
- Baldwin Library copy donated by Robert Egolf.
- Preservation and Access for American and British Children's Literature, 1870-1889 (NEH PA-50860-00).
- Statement of Responsibility:
- by Robert Browning ; with 35 illustrations by Kate Greenaway ; engraved and printed in colours by Edmund Evans.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- Baldwin Library of Historical Children's Literature in the Department of Special Collections and Area Studies, George A. Smathers Libraries, University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- All rights reserved, Board of Trustees of the University of Florida.
- Resource Identifier:
- 026609820 ( ALEPH )
ALG3156 ( NOTIS )
38699798 ( OCLC )