- Permanent Link:
- Letter to Dean Frank Maloney
- Alternate Title:
- Letter to Dean Frank Maloney requesting a copy of his Model Water Use Act.
- Publication Date:
- Oct. 16, 1969
- Physical Description:
- Letter, 1p.
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Water usage ( jstor )
- Spatial Coverage:
- North America -- United States of America -- Florida
- General Note:
- Box 3, Folder 2 ( SWFWMD (R) HISTORY - LAWS, RULES FIRST ORDERS - B3F2 ), Item 15
- Digitized by the Legal Technology Institute in the Levin College of Law at the University of Florida.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- Levin College of Law, University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
October 16, 1969
Dean Frank Maloney
University of Florida
Gainesville, Florida 32601
In looking over our files relating to the development of our Rules and
Regulations, I note your letter of transmittal of July 10th with a pre-
liminary print of your proposed Model Water Use Act, and I am parti-
cularly pleased with the way you handled the permits for the consump-
tive use of water. As soon as it is available, we would be pleased to
have a complete copy of the proposed Model Water Use Act.
You have been very helpful to us in our efforts to establish our Rules
and Regulations and I wish to thank you for all you have done. Material
such as you submitted with your letter of July 10th has not only been of
great help to us but the testimony that you gave at our hearing was
right to the point and really set the tone for what turned out to be a
very successful meeting. Now that we are about to get started on the
administration of the Rules and Regulations it will be more than inter-
esting to see how well we have planned in the development of our Rules
and Regulations in meeting the needs of the District in our attempts to
safeguard the water resources and in overcoming objections such as
people may raise to our Rules and Regulations.
With best personal regards, I am
Garald G. Parker
cc: Mr. Myron G. Gibbons