- Permanent Link:
- The Progessive proof book for Selector, a cigar label produced for the J. M. Martinez Cigar Company.
- J. M. Martinez, 1903 ( Manufacturer )
Cigar City Collection ( Contributor )
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 proof book ( 15 x 23 cm )
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Label ( Documentary Artifact, Communication Artifact ) ( nmc )
Cigar industry ( lctgm )
Cigar labels ( lctgm )
Proof books ( lctgm )
J. M. Martinez Cigar Company (Armenia Avenue) ( lctgm )
Selector ( lctgm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Tampa |z 1271000 |2 ceeus
Hillsborough County |z 12057 |2 ceeus
United States of America -- Florida -- Hillsborough County -- Tampa
- General Note:
- PROOF BOOKS
Proof book shows a separate page for every color and stone used and how the lithographer progressed
up to the finished label.
Most proof labels are rare. Proof labels are usually not embossed and have a series of crosses or registration marks used to align paper to each stone and color used. Most desirable proofs have color bars at the top or
bottom sides showing color number and sequence of each color used. All proofs are rare since lithographer only pulled 4 - 6 proofs to check an entire run of 1000's of labels.
- General Note:
- A portait of J. M. Martinez in a white hat holding tobacco leaves.
- Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida, Tampa FLorida, Special Collection
- Rights Management:
- This item was contributed to the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) by the source institution listed in the metadata. This item may or may not be protected by copyright in the country where it was produced. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by applicable law, including any applicable international copyright treaty or fair use or fair dealing statutes, which dLOC partners have explicitly supported and endorsed. Any reuse of this item in excess of applicable copyright exceptions may require permission. dLOC would encourage users to contact the source institution directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information about copyright status or to provide additional information about the item.
- Resource Identifier: