- Permanent Link:
- A Portrait of Alfonso Garcia who came to Tampa in 1886 and opened Gonzales Mora Cigar Company.
- Tony Pizzo Collection ( Contributor )
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph ( 13 x 8 cm )
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Print, Photographic ( Documentary Artifact, Communication Artifact ) ( nmc )
Garcia, Alfonso. ( nmc )
Gonzales Mora and Company (2311 18th Avenue) ( nmc )
Cigar industry ( lctgm )
- General Note:
- The Ybor City Land and Improvement, Company, to encourage factories to move to Ybor City, donated land, a large three story cigar factory building, and a fine residence for the firm manager, to the following cigar
manufacturing companies: Lozano, Pendas & Co.; Trujillo and Benemelis; Gonzales,Mora & Co.; Arguelles, Lopez & Bro.; Jose M. Diaz & Bro.; and Creagh, Gudnecht & Co. These factories were built in modernstyle and fitted with elevators, fine tile bath-rooms and brick cellars.
- Digitized with funding from the <a href="http://www.imls.gov/">Institute of Museum and Library Services</a> as part of the Ephemeral Cities grant project.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida (USF)
- Holding Location:
- Special Collections, Tampa Library, University of South Florida (USF)
- Rights Management:
- This item was contributed to the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) by the source institution listed in the metadata. This item may or may not be protected by copyright in the country where it was produced. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by applicable law, including any applicable international copyright treaty or fair use or fair dealing statutes, which dLOC partners have explicitly supported and endorsed. Any reuse of this item in excess of applicable copyright exceptions may require permission. dLOC would encourage users to contact the source institution directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information about copyright status or to provide additional information about the item.
- Resource Identifier: