- Permanent Link:
- Liceo Cubano, built by the secret order of the Cabelleros de la Luz at 13th Street and 7th Avenue..
- Burgert Brothers, 1917- ( Photographer )
Tony Pizzo Collection ( Contributor )
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph ( 20 x 25 cm )
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Meetinghouse ( Building, Structures ) ( nmc )
Caballeros de la Luz Building (13th Street and 7th Avenue) ( nmc )
Fraternal lodges ( lctgm )
Fraternal organizations ( lctgm )
Liceo Cubano ( lctgm )
Civilization, Hispanic ( lcsh )
Spanish language -- Study and teaching -- United States ( lcsh )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Tampa |z 1271000 |2 ceeus
Hillsborough County |z 12057 |2 ceeus
United States of America -- Florida -- Hillsborough County -- Tampa
- General Note:
"This building was erected by the secret order of the 'Caballeros de la Luz'. The lodge rooms were upstairs. The children in the balconies attended the Spanish school sustained by members of the Liceo Cubano. Marti Estrada Palma and other patriots pleaded the cause of Cuba in this building."
- Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida, Tampa FLorida, Special Collection
- Rights Management:
- This item was contributed to the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) by the source institution listed in the metadata. This item may or may not be protected by copyright in the country where it was produced. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by applicable law, including any applicable international copyright treaty or fair use or fair dealing statutes, which dLOC partners have explicitly supported and endorsed. Any reuse of this item in excess of applicable copyright exceptions may require permission. dLOC would encourage users to contact the source institution directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information about copyright status or to provide additional information about the item.
- Resource Identifier: