- Permanent Link:
- Centro Asturiano Hospital on 21st Avenue.
- Robertson and Fresh Photographers, 1925-1960 ( Photographer )
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph ( 20 x 25 cm )
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Hospital ( Building, Structures ) ( nmc )
Centro Asturiano Hospital (1302 21st Avenue) ( nmc )
Hospitals ( lctgm )
Streets -- 21st Avenue ( lctgm )
Ybor City (Tampa, Fla.) -- Photographs ( lcsh )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Tampa |z 1271000 |2 ceeus
Hillsborough County |z 12057 |2 ceeus
United States of America -- Florida -- Hillsborough County -- Tampa
- General Note:
- The society grew in membership so rapidly that it leased the Orange Hotel on Tampa Street in June 1903 for use as a sanitarium until the original Covadonga Sanitarium opened on Ola Avenue in April 1905 with 54 beds. The second Covadonga Hospital on 21st Avenue opened in October 1927. The hospitals were called Covadonga in homage to the Virgin of Covadonga who appeared to Pelayo at the beginning of the Reconquest of Spain in the 8th century which freed the country from Moorish rule.
- Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida, Tampa FLorida, Special Collection
- Rights Management:
- This item was contributed to the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) by the source institution listed in the metadata. This item may or may not be protected by copyright in the country where it was produced. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by applicable law, including any applicable international copyright treaty or fair use or fair dealing statutes, which dLOC partners have explicitly supported and endorsed. Any reuse of this item in excess of applicable copyright exceptions may require permission. dLOC would encourage users to contact the source institution directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information about copyright status or to provide additional information about the item.
- Resource Identifier: