- Permanent Link:
- An Adviertisement for the Berriman Brothers Cigar Company in West Tampa from the 1912 "Tobacco Leaf.
- Burgert Brothers, 1917- ( Photographer )
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph ( 20 x 25 cm )
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Ad, Magazine ( Advertising Medium, Communication Artifact ) ( nmc )
Berriman Brothers Cigar Company (1400 Howard Avenue) ( nmc )
Cigar industry ( lctgm )
Advertising ( lctgm )
Logos ( lctgm )
Jose Vila Habana Cigars ( lctgm )
- Spatial Coverage:
- Tampa |z 1271000 |2 ceeus
Hillsborough County |z 12057 |2 ceeus
United States of America -- Florida -- Hillsborough County -- Tampa
- General Note:
- This company built a new factory here in 1904 and moved its operation from New York into it. 400 workers produced brands Don Cosme, Jose Vila, La Sinceridad, La Evidencia, Marc Anthony, and Light It. The building was sold on May 22, 1910, to the Morgan Cigar Company.In 1914, Morgan expanded the factory to accommodate 1000 workers. They produced the brands Juan De Fuca, Independente, F. Lozano, Wall's Court and Don Sebastian.
- Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), Ephemeral Cities Project.
- Source Institution:
- University of South Florida
- Holding Location:
- University of South Florida, Tampa FLorida, Special Collection
- Rights Management:
- This item was contributed to the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) by the source institution listed in the metadata. This item may or may not be protected by copyright in the country where it was produced. Users of this work have responsibility for determining copyright status prior to reusing, publishing or reproducing this item for purposes other than what is allowed by applicable law, including any applicable international copyright treaty or fair use or fair dealing statutes, which dLOC partners have explicitly supported and endorsed. Any reuse of this item in excess of applicable copyright exceptions may require permission. dLOC would encourage users to contact the source institution directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information about copyright status or to provide additional information about the item.
- Resource Identifier: