- Permanent Link:
- Fabián's Affective Map of Vedado, June 2016
- Series Title:
- Cruising Havana: Affective Spaces, Public Gestures, and the Worlds They Make in a Contemporary Cuba
- White, Kerry
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- This map is the result of a participatory mapping project completed in Havana, Cuba in June 2016. This project was completed as supplemental material for a thesis, Cruising Havana: Affective Spaces, Public Gestures, and the Worlds They Make in a Contemporary Cuba, presented for fulfillment of a M.A. degree in Latin American Studies. This activity asked participants, various members of the sexual subcultures of Havana, to draw 2 maps, one affective mapâ€”which explored participants affective experience of spaceâ€”and one utopic mapâ€”which asked participants to draw one specific space and refigure it to their ideal. The name of the participant is the pseudonym used in the thesis.
In this Affective Maps, the participant first drew a map of the city based on the spaces that he spent his time. Then, he added colors to represent his affects/feelings within those spaces.
Key: Blue-boundaries of spaces discussed in interview, Red-spaces of desire, Yellow-spaces of intimacy, Green-spaces of belonging, Pink-spaces where one feels satisfied, Black-spaces where one feels danger, Orange-spaces where one feels liberated or free.
Key words: Affect, Spaces, Utopia, Place, World-making, Queer, Public Sex, Cruising, Homosexuals, Gay, Lesbian, Imaginings, belonging, cartography, ethnography
- Collected for University of Florida's Institutional Repository by the UFIR Self-Submittal tool. Submitted by Kerry White.
- General Note:
- Funding for this project was provided by the Wilgus Graduate Fellowship through the Center for Latin American Studies, University of Florida.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida Institutional Repository
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- All rights reserved by the submitter.
This item is only available as the following downloads:
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8
REPORT xmlns http:www.fcla.edudlsmddaitss xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance xsi:schemaLocation http:www.fcla.edudlsmddaitssdaitssReport.xsd
INGEST IEID E7HPHWWU0_GEC33K INGEST_TIME 2017-06-28T20:47:34Z PACKAGE IR00009258_00001
AGREEMENT_INFO ACCOUNT UF PROJECT UFDC