The Church of San Francisco de Asis in Trinidad

Material Information

The Church of San Francisco de Asis in Trinidad
Uniform Title:
The Bryant Slides Collection
The Bryant Slides Collection, Cuba
Unknown ( Photographer )
Publication Date:
Physical Description:
35 mm


Subjects / Keywords:
Automobiles -- Cuba -- 1950-1960
Automobile -- Models -- Design and construction
Cuba -- Description and travel
Country life -- Cuba -- Trinidad
Trinidad (Cuba) -- Social life
Sancti Spiritus -- Churches -- Cuba
Buildings -- Cuba
Church architecture -- Cuba
Trinidad (Cuba) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
Cobblestone roads -- Cuba
San Francisco de Asis (Trinidad, Cuba)
Clock towers -- Cuba -- Trinidad -- 1770-1813
Bell towers -- Cuba -- Trinidad -- 1770-1813
Museums -- Cuba
Muesum of the Cuban people's Struggle against the counterrevolution
Spatial Coverage:
Cuba -- Caribbean region -- Sancti Spiritus, Trinidad


General Note:
The slides were taken on collecting trips sponsored by the William L. Bryant Foundation, where books, music and art indigenous to the regions were gathered. The are organized by geographical location.
General Note:
Construction of the church began in 1770 and was completed in 1813. It was demolished earlier last century, when only its tower survived. Several years later it was rebuilt under its original design. In 1986 it was converted into the Museum of the Cuban People's Struggle against the Counterrevolution.

Record Information

Source Institution:
University of Central Florida Libraries
Holding Location:
University of Central Florida
Rights Management:
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact Special Collections & University Archives, University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, FL 32816 phone (407) 823-2576, email:
Resource Identifier:
Sheet 25: 20