- Permanent Link:
- LibraryPress@UF Editorial Collective (2018)
- Abbreviated Title:
- Library Press @ UF, an imprint of University of Florida Press
Taylor, Laurie N.
Russell, Judith C.
- Place of Publication:
- Gainesville, FL
- LibraryPress@UF, George A. Smathers Libraries, University of Florida
LibraryPress@UF, University of Florida Press
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Project Management
- Editorial Collective overview, drafted in 2018, updated in 2019 with hiring of LibraryPress@UF Designer and Coordinator
- General Note:
- These are materials used by the new LibraryPress@UF imprint of the UF Press.
- Source Institution:
- |University of Florida
- Holding Location:
- |University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- The author dedicated the work to the Commons by waiving all of his or her rights to the work worldwide under copyright law and all related or neighboring legal rights he or she had in the work, to the extent allowable by law.
LibraryPress@UF Editorial Collective The LibraryPress@UF has grown rapidly with 39 books released through the Mellon Open Books grant, new textbooks on an ongoing basis, new volumes building from the library collections, and the Source magazine. Source has an editorial team to support the solicitation of articles, review, and production of new issues. Designed to serve as a vehicle for insight and guidance on new publications and ongoing program development, the LibraryPress@UF Editorial Collective is charged with three tasks: Foster proposal development of new books built from the Libraries collections, utilizing the uniqueness of these collections coupled with opportunities supported through the UF Digital Collections for digital and public scholarsh ip Review and advise the Libraries on unsolicited proposals Develop and refine LibraryPress@UF operations and processes The Editorial Collective serves in an advisory capacity, reporting to the Dean. The group meets two to three times a year and provides two reports per year to support engagement with constituents and interested communities (e.g., the Library Leadership Board). Representatives serve for two year terms Representatives from the Libraries: John Nemmers, Associate Chair of Special & Area Studies Collections Laurie Taylor, ex officio as Editor in Chief of the LibraryPress@UF Representatives from Campus : Elizabeth Dale, incoming Chair of the Department of History, author of five scholarly monographs, editor on top journal in legal history, and recent project Patterns and Practices is an enhanced monograph Kenneth Kidd, former Chair of the Department of English, representative on the Baldwin Scholars Council and the E ditorial C ollective for the LibraryPress@UF volume on the Baldwin Mara Rogal, Professor and former Director of the School of Art & Art History, College of the Arts, leader with www.Design4Development.org Beverly Sensbach, Senior Associate Museum Director, Florida Museum of Natural History