Citation
A man walking by the National Museum and Art Gallery of Trinidad and Tobago

Material Information

Title:
A man walking by the National Museum and Art Gallery of Trinidad and Tobago
Uniform Title:
The Bryant Slides Collection
The Bryant Slides Collection, Trinidad
Creator:
Unknown ( Photographer )
Hahn, Daniel Meinerts, 1820-1930 ( Architect )
Publication Date:
Physical Description:
35 mm

Subjects

Subjects / Keywords:
National Museum and Art Gallery (Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago)
Architecture -- Trinidad and Tobago
National museums -- Trinidad and Tobago -- 1890-1900
Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago) -- Social life and customs
Historical buildings -- Trinidad and Tobago -- Port of Spain
Fences -- Trinidad and Tobago -- Port of Spain -- 1960-1970
Genre:
Transparencies
Spatial Coverage:
Trinidad and Tobago -- South America -- Port of Spain, Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago -- Caribbean region -- Port of Spain, Trinidad

Notes

General Note:
The slides were taken on collecting trips sponsored by the William L. Bryant Foundation, where books, music and art indigenous to the regions were gathered. The are organized by geographical location.
General Note:
In 1965, the Royal Victoria Institute was renamed the National Museum and Art Gallery of Trinidad and Tobago. The museum, established in 1892, was named to commemorate Queen Victoria's jubilee. The original building was designed by Daniel Meinerts Hahn, the Chief Draughtsman of the Public Works in Trinidad. Hahn was also the architect of the Queen’s Royal College. The museum's architectural elements include Dutch gables and slates on the roof. The image shows a man walking by the museum, which also has a dugout canoe in front on display. Slide labeled Trin. 9.

Record Information

Source Institution:
University of Central Florida Libraries
Holding Location:
University of Central Florida
Rights Management:
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact Special Collections & University Archives, University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, FL 32816 phone (407) 823-2576, email: speccoll@mail.ucf.edu
Resource Identifier:
CFM1972_01a ( Sheet 82:7 )

Full Text
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8
REPORT xmlns http:www.fcla.edudlsmddaitss xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance xsi:schemaLocation http:www.fcla.edudlsmddaitssdaitssReport.xsd
INGEST IEID EBQB5AHIK_8MTG6A INGEST_TIME 2015-06-12T23:53:38Z PACKAGE AA00031195_00001
AGREEMENT_INFO ACCOUNT UF PROJECT UFDC
FILES