Citation
View of the former court house and the façade of the King's House in Spanish Town, Saint Catherine, Jamaica

Material Information

Title:
View of the former court house and the façade of the King's House in Spanish Town, Saint Catherine, Jamaica
Uniform Title:
The Bryant Slides Collection
The Bryant Slides Collection, Jamaica
Creator:
Unknown ( Photographer )
Delancy, James, active 18th century-19th century (Builder) Craskell, Thomas (Engineer) ( Engineer )
Publication Date:
Physical Description:
35 mm

Subjects

Subjects / Keywords:
Historic sites -- Jamaica -- Spanish Town -- 1950-1960
Courthouses -- Jamaica -- 1810-1820
Governors -- Dwellings -- Jamaica -- Spanish Town -- 1760-1770
Spanish Town (Jamaica) -- Social life and customs
Genre:
Transparencies
Spatial Coverage:
Jamaica -- Caribbean region -- Spanish Town, Saint Catherine

Notes

General Note:
The slides were taken on collecting trips sponsored by the William L. Bryant Foundation, where books, music and art indigenous to the regions were gathered. The are organized by geographical location.
General Note:
View of the former court house and the façade of the King's House in Spanish Town, Saint Catherine, Jamaica. On the left is the former court house, which was constructed in 1819 by James Delancy, on the site of a Spanish chapel and cemetery. In 1986, the court house was destroyed by fire. On the right is old King's House, or governor's mansion, completed in 1762. Thomas Craskell, the Island Engineer, was responsible for preparing the King's House building plans. The mansion was destroyed during a fire in 1925 and now houses the Jamaican People's Museum of Crafts and Technology. In the center of the image are buildings on King's Street. In the image are children playing on the side walk and people resting in the shade of the King's House facade. Slide labeled Spanish Town.

Record Information

Source Institution:
University of Central Florida Libraries
Holding Location:
University of Central Florida
Rights Management:
All rights to images are held by the respective holding institution. This image is posted publicly for non-profit educational uses, excluding printed publication. For permission to reproduce images and/or for copyright information contact Special Collections & University Archives, University of Central Florida Libraries, Orlando, FL 32816 phone (407) 823-2576, email: speccoll@mail.ucf.edu
Resource Identifier:
CFM1972_01a ( Sheet 67: 18 )

Full Text
xml version 1.0 encoding UTF-8
REPORT xmlns http:www.fcla.edudlsmddaitss xmlns:xsi http:www.w3.org2001XMLSchema-instance xsi:schemaLocation http:www.fcla.edudlsmddaitssdaitssReport.xsd
INGEST IEID ECJJB1029_RKKJVG INGEST_TIME 2015-06-12T22:57:07Z PACKAGE AA00031104_00001
AGREEMENT_INFO ACCOUNT UF PROJECT UFDC
FILES