- Permanent Link:
- Interview with Anita Spring, 2014 "Bridging the Gap: How the Role of Women in Academia at UF has Changed through the Years"
- Anita Spring ( Interviewee )
Emily Kettenburg ( Interviewer )
- Physical Description:
- Oral history interview
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Women Studies Oral History Collection ( local )
- Spatial Coverage:
- United States of America -- Florida -- Alachua
- For the Samuel Proctor Oral History Program's Spring 2014 Intern Class. Retired University of Florida Professor Dr. Anita Spring recalls how unbalanced her studies in chemistry were, in relation to the ratios of men to women, and how it has changed today. She explains how her department (anthropology) was always pretty equal as far as women represented in professor positions, but how much the other fields were lacking in women leadership. She also mentions a few classes she helped start at UF.