- Permanent Link:
- Sustainable Sites: The High Line and The Bloomingdale Trail
- LaFerrier, Mallory
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- Undergraduate Honors Thesis
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Recommendations ( jstor )
- The purpose of this study is to analyze the sustainability of adaptive reuse to elevated linear parks, as this is a relatively new type of project that is quickly gaining
popularity after the success of Promenade Plantée in Paris, and more recently, the High Line in New York City.
The specific objectives of this study are to compare the High Line to a similar project under construction in Chicago, called the Bloomingdale Trail; to use the High Line to provide informed recommendations for the Bloomingdale Trail; and to analyze strengths and weaknesses of and provide recommendations for the Sustainable Sites Initiativeâ€™s sustainability rating system for landscapes, which will be used as a framework to compare the two aforementioned projects.
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida Institutional Repository
- Holding Location:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- All rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.