- Permanent Link:
- Amendment 16 to B.A.I. order 276--Regulations governing the preparation, sale, barter, exchange, shipment, and importation of viruses, serums, toxins, and analogous products intended for use in the treatment of domestic animals
- Portion of title:
- Regulations governing the preparation, sale, barter, exchange, shipment, and importation of viruses, serums, toxins, and analogous products intended for use in the treatment of domestic animals
- United States -- Bureau of Animal Industry
- Place of Publication:
- Washington, D.C.
- U.S. G.P.O.
- Publication Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 p. : ; 23 cm
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Animal industry -- Law and legislation -- United States ( lcsh )
- legislation ( marcgt )
federal government publication ( marcgt )
non-fiction ( marcgt )
- General Note:
- Amendment 16 to B.A.I. order 276
- Statement of Responsibility:
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Bureau of Animal Industry
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- This item is a work of the U.S. federal government and not subject to copyright pursuant to 17 U.S.C. Â§105.
- Resource Identifier:
- 029807975 ( ALEPH )
85229307 ( OCLC )
2- r M E NEWNEW
I W *
(Amendment 16 to B. A. I. Order 276) U.S. DEPOSITORY
United States Department of Agriculture
BUREAU OF ANIMAL INDUSTRY
AMENDMENT 16 TO B. A. I. ORDER 276-REGULATIONS GOVERNING
THE PREPARATION, SALE, BARTER, EXCHANGE, SHIPMENT, AND
IMPORTATION OF VIRUSES, SERUMS, TOXINS, AND ANALOGOUS
PRODUCTS INTENDED FOR USE IN THE TREATMENT OF DOMESTIC
Pursuant to the authority conferred upon the Secretary of Agriculture by
section 2 of the act of Congress approved February 2, 1903 (32 Stat. 792; 21
U. S. C. 111), and by the act of Congress approved March 4, 1913 (37 Stat.
832-833; 21 U. S. C. 151-158), and in order better to effectuate the purposes of
these acts, Title 9, Code of Fedetal Regulations, Parts 101-121 [B. A. I. Order
276, August 18, 1922], as amended, is hereby further amended as follows:
(1) By adding to section 101.1 [sec. 1, reg. 1] a paragraph reading as follows:
(u) [par. 22] Twenty-four hours.-Time elapsing between any regular working
hour of one day and any regular working hour of the following day.
(2) By revoking section 118.17 [par. 1, sec. 3, reg. 18], and substituting in lieu
thereof the following section:
SEC. 118.17 Simultaneous virus pigs; requirements.-For use in the production
of simultaneous virus, licensed establishments shall inoculate young nonimmune
pigs of good quality with at least 2 cubic centimeters each of highly virulent
virus. Such pigs when inoculated shall weigh not less than 40 pounds, nor more
than 125 pounds.
(3) By revoking paragraph (b) of section 119.36 [rule B, par. 2, sec. 5, reg.
19], as amended, and substituting in lieu thereof the following:
(b) Test; conditions under which to be declared "satisfactory for potency."-A
serum test will be declared "satisfactory for potency" when at least two of the
control pigs react as described in paragraph (a) and any one of the following
(1) When all the serum-treated pigs remain well throughout the test period.
(2.) When one or more of the serum-treated pigs become visibly sick after the
time of inoculation and all fully recover before the test animals are released
by a veterinary inspector, as provided in this part. Such sick pigs, however,
will not be regarded as fully recovered until they have been in an apparently
normal condition for at least three consecutive days.
This amendment, which for purpose of identification is designated Amend-
ment 16 to B. A. I. Order 276, shall be effective on and after March 24, 1942.
Done at Washington this 21st day of March 1942. Witness my hand and the
seal of the Department of Agriculture.
GRovnR B. Hni.L,
Acting Secretary of Agriculture.
SS GOVERNMENT PRINTIR6 OFFICE 1341
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
II3 ill11111112 11111 1131115Ili111
3 1262 08859 2935