- Language Mobius
- Physical Description:
- Sim, Jana
- Edition of 25
- The three mobius strips were letterpress printed using polymer plates on Somerset, and the box is made in Jacob’s Ladder structure ( medium )
- 10 in. x 5 in. x 3 in.
- Language Möbius is about my speaking process.
The loop in my brain goes like this: hearing English, thinking in Korean, translating, then speaking in English.
There are three Möbius strips in the box. One whole Möbius strip, one cut in half and another cut in half one more time. With the first cut, the ring becomes twice as long. The second cut makes the two rings linked together. With each cut the sentences of the layers are also cut in half, making it illegible. The final two rings lined together symbolize the two languages tangled up in my head while in translation, which is why the sentences can’t be read.
- ARTBOUND 2011 First Place Winner
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- sobekcm - AA00004667_00001
- System ID: