Submission Help for Projects in Lieu of Theses
For materials to be processed into the University of Florida Digital Collections, all program requirements apply as well as several technical requirements listed below. Please note that non-project theses and dissertations go through the Graduate Editorial Office and are submitted electronically through an alternate process. Requirements for projects-in-lieu-of to be processed into the University of Florida Digital Collections:
- Project-in-lieu-of must be turned into the graduate advisor for the department.
- Project-in-lieu-of must be turned in with a signed Internet Distribution Permissions form. All materials submitted to the University of Florida Digital Collections and the Institutional Repository are completely Open Access.
- If copyrighted materials are included, the project-in-lieu-of must be turned in with a signed letter of permission to quote or reproduce copyrighted material. Or it must include a list of materials for which copyright permissions were not granted so that the Digital Library Center can ensure that those materials are not included with the online files.
- File formats should conform to the acceptable ETD formats list.
- Recommended: please turn in all files for the project on CD or DVD. If you are turning your project in on paper, please use non-glossy paper to make the scanning more accurate if possible. For paper-only submissions, please follow the binding guidelines (architecture and music).
Printable guide: draft one page handout
Questions: Please contact your departmental advisor or the Digital Library Center with any questions.