The Fernandina Dock and Realty Company
was incorporated in 1901. Its predecessors, the Fernandina Development Company (inc. 1889) and the Florida Town Improvement Company (inc. 1884), were founded by Samuel A. Swann and Arthur T. Williams. The two firms were sold to Fred Willis Hoyt in 1901 and merged under the title Fernandina Dock and Realty Company. The collection consists of correspondence, letterbooks, ledgers and sales books of all three businesses, spanning 1877 to 1941.