SAMPLE CONSULTANT CONTRACT
AGREEMENT FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
THIS AGREEMENT is entered into this /'^ day of \A-/ 1993, by and
between the Governing Board of the St. Johns River Water Man cement District, whose mailing
address is Post Office Box 1429, Palatka, Florida, 32178-1429, (hereinafter referred to as "the
DISTRICT"), and GeoTrans, Inc., whose mailing address is 46050 Manekin Plaza, Suite 100,
Sterling, VA 22170, (hereinafter referred to as "the CONSULTANT").
WHEREAS, the Florida Legislature has mandated that the DISTRICT design a Water
Supply Needs and Sources Project Assessment to the year 2010; and
WHEREAS, in order to complete the project the DISTRICT desires to secure the services
of consultants who can perform peer review of the Assessment designed by the DISTRICT.
NOW, THEREFORE, for and in consideration of the above premises which are made a
part of this Agreement, and the mutual covenants, terms and conditions hereinafter contained, the
DISTRICT and the CONSULTANT, each intending to be legally bound, agree as follows:
I. The CONSULTANT's responsibilities are:
1. To perform the work as more specifically described in Exhibit "A", attached hereto
and by reference made a part hereof.
2. To review and analyze potential evaluation factors as provided to the
CONSULTANT by the DISTRICT as rrore specifically described in Exhibit "A".
3. To provide written analysis and recommended alternatives concerning the potential
evaluation factors as provided by the DISTRICT to the CONSULTANT according to the
Schedule of Work, Exhibits "B" and "B-i', attached hereto and by reference made a part hereof.
4. To meet with the DISTRICT sr:- and other consultants to discuss the potential
evaluation factors and analysis received.
5. To invoice the DISTRICT for work performed as stated above and Exhibits "A",
"B", "B-1", and "C", Travel Expense Reimbursement Schedule, attached hereto and by reference
made a part hereof.
II. The DISTRICT'S responsibilities are:
1. To submit to the CONSULTANT, according to the Schedule of Work, Exhibits
"B" and "B-1", a description of potential evaluation factors for the saltwater intrusion and existing
legal user criteria as more specifically described in Exhibit "A".
2. To perform timely reviews of the written analysis as submitted by the
CONSULTANT and to return responses to CONSULTANT according to Exhibits "A", "B" and
3. To pay the CONSULTANT according to the payment schedule, Exhibits "B" and
"C". Said payment shall be made within 30 days of acceptance of original itemized invoices,
receipts, and related documentation of travel and written analysis.
III. Both parties agree:
1. That all Tasks as described in Exhibi: "A" and performed by the CONSULTANT,
shall not exceed $8,500.00 (Eight Thousand Five Hundred Dollars). Reimbursement for expenses
will be made upon submission to the DISTRICT c: itemized invoices, receipts and related
documentation of travel and shall not exceed $1,5:C.00 (One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars). To
be reimbursed, all travel expenses must be submirtd on District or State of Florida travel forms.
All travel must conform to the schedule of work c-tlined in Exhibits "B", "B-1", and "C" and
District travel policy.
In the event the CONSULTANT fails to pe-form portions of the required work, all costs
associated with that task shall not be paid by DISTRICT.
2. That this Agreement is in effect fro- date of execution by both parties and expires
December 17, 1993. The term of the Agreement rr--- be extended by mutual consent of both
parties and funding by the DISTRICT's Governinr 3oarc.
3. That this Agreement is non-transfer>'.e and cannot be assigned by either party
without the express written consent of the other.
4. That the DISTRICT and the CONSULTANT may terminate this Agreement by
notifying the other party in writing. Said termination shall be effective upon receipt of said
written notice by the other party. The DISTRICT shall be responsible for payment for services
rendered and expenses incurred through the date of termination.
5. That the CONSULTANT shall indemnify, defend, save, and hold the DISTRICT
harmless from any and all claims, judgments, demands, and legal actions for death, personal injury
or property damage arising out of the acts or omissions of the CONSULTANT in the
performance of his work under this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have set their hands and seals on the day, month,
and year first above written above.
enry Deai, Executive Director
St. Johns River Water
BY: .T QQO o,
PMter he.lle be.r- /
APPROVED AS TO FORM
Wayne E. flowers, General Counsel
St. Johns River Water Management Distric:
E=b-- it 'A"
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Water Supply Needs and Sources Assessment Project is currently de-r ned by The
Johns River Water Management District (DISTRICT) to achieve the following c iectives:
1. Define water use needs to the year 2010.
2. Describe projected impacts of year 2010 water use needs on water :-vels and water
3. Define thresholds of acceptability of water level and water quality changes .
4. Delineate areas with inadequate water resources to meet the projez-d 2010 year
The DISTRICT proposes to delineate areas with inadequate water resourc-s to meet the
projected 2010 year demand by comparing the projected impacts to the threshold of acceptability
of water level and water quality changes.
Objective number 3 involves the development of thresholds for the follo---ig water
o salt water intrusion,
o surface water bodies, and
o existing legal users.
The DISTRICT has prepared potential evaluation factors for the salt wa:-- intrusion and
existing legal user criteria. These evaluation factors shall be submitted to the CC NSULTANT
according to Exhibits "B" and "B-1", attached.
The written analysis and recommended alternatives shall address, but no: z-lited to the
a. Is the description of conditions which constitutes unacceptable I. wa:er
intrusion and impacts to existing legal users reasonable, practical, and legally su-::-rtable based on
the CONSULTANT's legal and technical knowledge, experience, and professio:i- judgement?
b. Are the methods and approaches proposed for measurement o: :=e mrrgnitudes
of salt water intrusion and impacts to existing legal users reasonable, practical, a.: legally
supportable based on the CONSULTANT's legal and technical knowledge, exp--.a.-ce and
c. What are alternatives to the potential evaluation factors which. the opinion of
the CONSULTANT are more reasonable, practical, and legally supportable bas-: :n --:
CONSULTANT's legal and technical knowledge, experience, and professional -=-mrret?
SCHEDULE OF WORK
1. DISTRICT potential evaluation factors
thresholds forwarded to consultazrs
2. Written analysis and recommended
alternatives concerning the potential
evaluation factors returned to
DISTRICT by consultants
3. Copies of written analysis and
recommendations from all consu:ants
forwarded by DISTRICT to all consultants
4. DISTRICT staff and consultants =eet
to review written analysis and
5. DISTRICT revised potential eval-2tion
factors forwarded to consultants
6. Written analysis and recommended
altern-:ives concerning the revise:
potential evaluation factors
returned to DISTRICT by consu":_nts
7. Copies of written analysis and
recorrmend-tions from all consul::nts
forwar-ed by DISTRICT to all c::sultan:s
S. DISTF-CT staff and consultant -
meet 7: rev-iw written analvyss a---
reco'rrenc.-.ions concernin. revu.e--
poten:il! evaluation factors
June 15, 1993
July 15, 1993
July 22, 1993
Aug. 26, 1993
Sept. 9, 1993
Oct. 11, 1993
Oct. 19, 1993
Nov. 16, 1993
TABLE OF SCHEDULE OF WORK
TASKS I DATES
1. District forwards factors (6/15/93)
2. Written analysis to District ***** (7/15/93)
3. Written analysis to all Consultants ******* (7/22/93
4. District/Consultants meet ******* (8/26/93)
5. District forwards revised factors ********* (9/9/93)
6. Written analysis to District ************ (1C/11/93)
7. Written analysis to all Consultants ************** (10/19/93)
8. District/Consultants meet ******************** **** (11/16/93)
TRAVEL EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT SCHEDULE
S 0.2D per mile
for single accommodation
for coach service
for ec.:omv or mid-size
(not includiL additional insurance)
Other Expenses (parking fees)