S December 30, 1974 KEY WORDS: /?e.~
TO: CAROL EZELL, EXECUTIVE SECRETARY ce e
n\-o i ,i /^- pft^^y"^
FROM: JAY T. AHERN, STAFF ATTORNEY'h e/
RE: The key steps required by the Administrative Procedure Act on
setting up any meeting, workshop or committee meeting of
Governing Board or Basin Boards
1. The regular Governing Board meetings shall be held on the second
Wednesday of each month at 9:30 a.m.
At these meetings, the Board may announce date, time and place of
2. Except in an emergency, notice given ten (10) days prior to any meeting,
workshops and committee meetings in four (4) newspapers of general
circulation or in Florida Administrative Weekly. Also, agendas must be
made up and available seven (7) days prior to the meeting. Items should
(l be considered in the order listed on the agenda. Items can only be
added by the Chairman upon showing good cause and stated in the record.
Notification of changes shall be made at the earliest practicable time.
Agenda shall be prepared by Executive Director after consultation with
the Chairman and any Board Member requesting a listing of an item.
3. Announce meetings of forthcoming Basin Board meetings before the next
Governing Board meeting.
4. Form a list of those to ie mailed a copy of all notices and agenda. This
list will include those who requested to be notified of any meetings.
Special Meeting or Workshops
1. Called for a date after seven (7) days notice by Chairman. However, Chairman
for good cause could call a meeting on short notice with giving a minimum
of 12 hours prior notice. The cause and action should be stated in the
records of the meeting.
2. List of people to receive notices should be kept and notice given by
publishing in four (4) newspapers or in Florida Administrative Weekly.
It is to include those who wrote the District requesting to be notified
of any meetings, workshops, etc.
3. Agenda prepared and available seven days prior to meeting or available
upon setting up special meeting upon short notice.
4. List items in the order of consideration. Check with Chairman of Board as
to any objections to the order of consideration.
Sr f7 4--27
December 30, 1974
Basin Board Meetings
1. Establish dates of meetings and dates of special meetings, the times and
2. Prepare, make available and distribute agenda seven (7) days prior to
meetings or twelve (12) hours prior to the call of special meetings with
good cause being stated by the Chairman Ex Officio or Vice Chairman in the
record for calling the special meeting.
3. Items to be listed in order of consideration by the Basin after obtaining
approval of the order of listing with the Chairman Ex Officio or Vice
Chairman in his absence. List date of next regular meeting and special
meetings known at this time.
4. Form a list of persons to receive notice of meetings. Notice to be
given ten (10) days prior to regular meetings.
5. All other special meetings to be on seven (7) days prior notice and agenda
prepared and distributed seven (7) days prior to meeting date.
The form of notice should be as follows:
Notice of (Public Meeting) (Workshop)
(select appropriate one)
The (name of District or Basin) announces a public meeting or workshop
or committee meeting to which all interested persons are invited.
Date and Time:
Action to be Taken:
A copy of agenda may be obtained by writing to Southwest Florida Water
Management District at P. 0. Box 457, Brooksville, Florida 33512.