| Material Information
||Memo: Special Stipulation for West Coast Regional Water Supply Authority Attached: Proposed Permit Conditionrfor Future Water Supply Planning in Pinellas, Hillsborough and Pasco Counties
||North America -- United States of America -- Florida
||Memo: Special Stipulation for West Coast Regional Water Supply Authority Attached: Proposed Permit Conditionrfor Future Water Supply Planning in Pinellas, Hillsborough and Pasco Counties, To: William Courser, From: David Wiley, Nov 4, 1982
||Box 10, Folder 23 ( SF Wellfield Interties - 1980-83 ), Item 7
||Digitized by the Legal Technology Institute in the Levin College of Law at the University of Florida.
SNovember 4, 1982
November 4, 1982
William D. Courser, Director, Resource Regulation Department/ /
David A. Wiley, Hydrogeologist, Resource Regulation Department
Special Stipulation for West Coast Regional Water Supply Authority
Attached you will find an updated version of the special stipulation that was
developed for all well field consumptive use permits involving West Coast
Regional Water Supply Authority.
cc: J.E. Curren
PROPOSED PERMIT CONDITION FOR FUTURE WATER SUPPLY PLANNING
IN PINELLAS, HILLSBOROUGH AND PASCO COUNTIES
By March 1, 1984, West Coast Regional Water Supply Authority shall submit to the
Director of Resource Regulation an overall plan for future water supply sources
and distribution for Hillsborough, Pinellas and Pasco Counties. This plan shall
include proposed schedules and priorities for designing, testing, financing and
constructing withdrawal facilities, treatment facilities, transmission lines and
system interconnections. Water reuse options shall be considered. In formulating
the plan, comprehensive study shall be given, but not be limited, to the following
(1) Feasibility of interconnection between Cypress Creek, Morris Bridge,
Section 21 and other well fields.
(2) Feasibility of increased supply to the St. Petersburg water distribution
system from the Cypress Creek Wellfield.
(3) Feasibility of interconnection between Starkey Wellfield and the existing
84" pipeline from Cypress Creek Wellfield.
(4) Potential for reuse of treated wastewater discharge including the Hookers
Point Wastewater Treatment Plant.
(5) Methods for improving water supply capacity for the South-Central
Hillsborough County area.
(6) Feasibility of using the Tampa Bypass Canal as a water supply source for
various Hillsborough County entities.
(7) Feasibility of installing supply wells along existing and proposed water
(8) Potential for establishing acceptable water pressure and quality standards
for interconnected systems.
i. 1 I II 1, '. i iii
(9) Potential for further development of surface water sources in tri-
county area, such as off-stream reservoirs and other facilities.
(10) Potential for use of low quality water with desalinization considering
both economics and technical feasibility
(11) Feasibility of developing recharge/recovery facilities.
Quarterly progress reviews of the plan shall be provided by WCRWSA to the
Director of Resource Regulation and member governments of the Authority throughout
the term of the permit. The Water Management District will schedule and conduct a
meeting with member governments of the Authority for the review of the quarterly
progress reports. Minutes of the quarterly reviews shall be provided to members
of the District Governing Board and the WCRWSA Board by January 1, 1983 and sub-
sequently by April 1, July 1, October 1, and January 1 of each year.