GOVERNMENT IN THE SUNSHINE
A. PUBLIC MEETINGS
1. Two or more public officials meet to discuss, deliberate,
decide, or take formal action within the scope of official duties.
2. Reasonable public notice must be given.
3. There is a staff exception.
B. PUBLIC RECORDS
Most District papers and records, including communications to,
from, and between governing board members, are public records
available for inspection by the public.
CODE OF ETHICS FOR PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
A. Legislative intent
B. Standards of conduct for public officers
1. Gifts, compensation, or anything of value
2. Doing business with one's agency
3. Corrupt use of public position
4. Continuing or recurring conflicts
5. Using agency information not available to the general
6. Disclosure of material interests in businesses granted a
privilege to operate in Florida
7. Limited exceptions
C. Voting Conflicts
1. Public officers must, when present at a meeting, must vote
on all items unless they have a conflict of interest.
2. Local public officers may not vote on items which provide
personal gain or knowingly vote on items which provide gain to a
3. Local public officers may participate on items which provide
gain to themselves or a principal after proper disclosure.
1. Statements of financial interest -- Form 1
2. Quarterly reports of clients represented before agencies --
3. Specified business interests -- Form 3