Foundations of the 18th-century blacksmith shop discovered after the demolition of the Bennett Hotel, looking Southwest

MISSING IMAGE

Material Information

Title:
Foundations of the 18th-century blacksmith shop discovered after the demolition of the Bennett Hotel, looking Southwest
Series Title:
Old Blacksmith Shop (HSAPB Block and Lot Cards)
Physical Description:
Unknown
Publisher:
St. Augustine Restoration, Inc.
Publication Date:
Physical Location:
Box: 1SW11

Subjects

Subjects / Keywords:
Saint Augustine (Fla.)
26 Charlotte Street (Saint Augustine, Fla.)
Old Blacksmith Shop (Saint Augustine, Fla.)
Judson Property (Saint Augustine, Fla.)
Spatial Coverage:
North America -- United States of America -- Florida -- Saint Johns -- Saint Augustine -- 26 Charlotte Street
Coordinates:
29.895854 x -81.312086

Notes

General Note:
NOTE: The masonry foundations of an 18th-century blacksmith were uncovered by Restoration Commission archaeologist Robert Steinbach during a salvage archaeology excavation after the Bennett Hotel was demolished to create a temporary parking lot for the Castillo de San Marcos. Also note that this occured before A1A was re-routed to provide the current parking area at the Castillo. The date given on the card (March. 1965) is incorrect as well: excavations on the site took place in late 1961.; Site of original blacksmith shop. Chimes Restaurant (north elevation) in background.; 1910

Record Information

Source Institution:
University of Florida
Rights Management:
All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
Resource Identifier:
B8-L15
System ID:
USACH00569:00059


This item is only available as the following downloads:


Full Text
HISTORIC ST. AUGUSTINE B-580 HSAPB Classification PRESERVATION BOARD HSAPB Photo No. HSAPB Site Description Former Photo Nos. Site of original blacksmith shop. Chimes Restaurant' (north elevation) in background.

Subject


March 1965


Photographer, Sponsor, Date



2 x 3 B/W Glossy Technical Notes





Photo Users, Dates RES 1-84