This item is only available as the following downloads:
THE ST. AUGUSTINE RECORD
3adderP practices Old Trade: / 2
of Colonial Saint Augustine, the making of saddles and harnesses, has been opened in the restoration area, according to an announcement today by Bradley G. Brewer, executive director of the St. Augustine Historical Restoration and Preservation Commission.
Albert Thomas, saddlemaker, has opened his shop on Cuna Street, just west of Jhe Bl smith Shop. Thomasn haw, en involved with leather anst all of his life. His fa tber was a wholesale leatherman ~iAtlanta. In 1950 Thomas purchased a leather business in Jacisonville where he produced some of the finest saddles in the country. Although self taught, Thomas has been written up in "The Craftsman" and the New York Times. Thomas' saddles are sought by horsemen all over the southeast and his holsters have been treasured by lawmen throughout the state.
In the new shop Tlimas: will specialize in saddle king and harness making. In addition be will be making gun ck olsters and other haq ooled leather work as a demonsrai ag of the art of leathenow and in the past. e r Saddle And Harness Craft Shop Brewer, in m %n.
nouncement of the saddlemake ted that the restore
continuing a1e times of t ding tion'-s' Y: t e Other ci .re expected to open in the near future.