Description of the Florida Heritage House
- Description of the Florida Heritage House
- Series Title:
- Wakeman House, Large Block and Lot Photographs
- Physical Description:
- Mixed Material
- St. Augustine Restoration, Inc.
- Physical Location:
|Folder: ||B28 L1 FLORIDA STATE CENTER/HERITAGE HOUSE|
- Subjects / Keywords:
- Saint Augustine (Fla.)
11 King Street (Saint Augustine, Fla.)
Wakeman House (Saint Augustine, Fla.)
Florida Heritage House (Saint Augustine, Fla.)
- Spatial Coverage:
- North America -- United States of America -- Florida -- Saint Johns -- Saint Augustine -- 11 King Street
- 29.892097 x -81.311584
- General Note:
- UFHSA Government House Research Collections
- Source Institution:
- University of Florida
- Rights Management:
- All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
- Resource Identifier:
- System ID:
FLORIDA HERITAGE HOUSE
This reconstructed building recreates for the visitor the general exterior appearance of a historic house which stood here until late in the 19th century, when it was replaced by a large hotel. Original foundations could be found in some areas and were used for this structure.
Contents of the building are of the museum exhibition type so are subject to change. Presently the historic features include an Indian burial in the southeast corner, Spanish gold and silver coins retrieved from the ocean's depths off Florida, pioneer weapons and tools, Seminole Indian artifacts, and mementoes of the Flagler era.