All rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
CONVENT OF MARY IMMACULATE
Built by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, a Canadian Order which first established a school here in 1868. Designed by William Kerr of Ireland, of Romanesque style, with dormered mansard roofs and central tower. In the Spanish-American War, the Sisters offered their services as nurses and the Convent to the Navy as a hospital, and rendered devoted services to the wounded and yellow fever victims.