Building collections from Greenstone Archive XML files at the
1) Place all of the necessary folders and files into the 'archive' folder under the
2) Ensure environmental variables are st
a. GSDLHOME should be set (likely C:\Progam Files\Greenstone\)
b. GSDLOS should be set (to linux or windows )
c. Ensure that the following directory is part of your PATH statement
3) Navigate to %GSDLHOME%\bin\script
4) Run the collection building PURL statement
a. buildcol.pl -language en -collectdir "%GSDLHOME%\collect"
b. replace CollName with the collection code, which is also the name of the
5) Move the screen images into the correct folders under 'index'
a. Use the same folder structure as appeared under the 'archive' folder
b. Only need the 'screen' images, not the 'source' images
c. Copy images into the 'assoc' folder under 'building'
6) Delete the old 'index' subfolder under that collection
7) Rename the 'building' subfolder under that collection 'index'