The purpose of the meeting today is to provide the engineer with a preliminary
idea of what we know about the appearance, dimensions, materials, and
structural design of the Redoubt.
We will ask to you briefly discuss the research that you have conducted to
discover such information; and the research reports or documents or
cartographic and other materials that you are aware of that can either be
provided the engineer or that are available to him for research purposes.
Questions that might be asked:
1. What do we know for certain about its physical appearance?
2. Where did the most reliable information come from?
3. What similar structures do we know of that might serve as examples?
4. Was such a structure similar to other military structures that are described in
the literature? That is, did Spanish engineers generally employ the same design
in most locations?
5. What might its intended use tell us about its structure? That is, firing angles,
structural soundness, and so forth?