| Material Information
||Memo to Hector Miron re: Text for letter to Bob Woodward, re: Force Account Approval for East Wing/Lobby Project
||Historic St. Augustine: Permits, State Inspections, City Forms, HARB
||Steinbach, Robert H.
|Divider: ||DOS 8449-A, Govt. House 87-88|
|Folder: ||Permits, State Inspections, City Forms, HARB|
||Saint Augustine (Fla.)
48 King Street (Saint Augustine, Fla.)
Government House (Saint Augustine, Fla.)
||North America -- United States of America -- Florida -- Saint Johns -- Saint Augustine -- 48 King Street
||29.892465 x -81.313142
| Record Information
||University of Florida
||University of Florida
||All rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
HISTORIC ST. AUGUSTINE PRESERVATION BOARD
Text for letter to Bob Woodward, re: Force Account
Approval for East Wing/Lobby Project.
September 17, 1987
DESCRIPTION OF WORK: Restoration of the ground floor of the east
wing and the replacement of a partition between the lobby and
auditorium of Government House.
The restoration of the east wing will involve the following:
1. Replication of decorative plaster W40r5iaLs and tneir
installation on a number of col umnrs.
c.U-. ec. r. c. of a i 6Amiplaster suspended cei ing.
3. Replacement of plaster finishes on furred walls.
4. Replacement of marble/terrazzo floor.
5. Installation ::f HVAC system.
6. Installation of sub panel, associated branch circuits, and
7. Installation of fire and intrusion alarm system.
8. Provision for handicapped access.
9. Restoration of original hardware. Installation of closer,
10. Installation of approved doors between lobby and east wing.
11. Installation of service sink and associated partitioning
and/or case work.
12. Relocatio n of existing condensing unit and associated
The lobby partition wall will involve the following:
1. Removal of existing wood partition wall, acoustical drapes
and exhibit cases.
2. Construction of metal stud wall covered with rated gypsum
3. Construction and installation of approved exhibit cases.
4. Removal of sub-standard
approved type. Replace branch
ceiling g, and to cases.
sub panel and replacement with
circuits in partition wall, lobby
. ... t of acoustical drapes.
6. Installation of fire-rated doors and associated hardware in
part it ion.
7. Removal and replacement of marble finishes, as necessary to
accommodate new case work.
JOB SUPERVISION: The work will be supervised by Robert H.
Steinbach, who, along with other related duties, has been
responsible for all construction activities undertaken by the
Board during the past twenty-six years. DGS projects which he
has been involved in include DOS 3200, DOS 6110, and DOS 0505.
1. Removal and replacement of walls, ceilings,
floors, doors, and cases......................... 66,500
2. Mechanical ................................... 16,000
3. Electrical ......................................... 16,500
4. Case work .. ................ ............... 18,000
5. Fees and contingency ..................... ..... 0,32
SCHEDULE OF IMPLEMENTATION:
Nov. 1, 1987 DGS approval and architect selected.
Jan. 15, 1988 Plans and specifications completed.
Feb. 1, 1988 Put out to bid.
Mar. 1, 1988 Begin construction.
July 1, 1988 Substantial complete ion.
,F wiC/ 5 chb ozAL_
JI18 '1 54uC~J I-,, b~~rSvu'(
4, 5 Fir[,& l4 oi /
5 D S /111 i C4) (o Iyi 1-
e ~poc I ~r c~ ~~QMS