138-"J" 1763 Puente:
Don Miguel Lopez
Once more it is the wife who takes us to the
On Tuesday, February 18, 1744, Phs 200/201
Antonia Grajales, native, married Don Miguel Lopes
She was the daughter of Don Francisco Grajales and Ana
Maria de Pena who were married here in 1724.
Ana Maria Pena, named for her aunt, Ana de la Pena
Mrs. Jose Baez, was born in 1705, the daughter of 6on
Diego de la Pena(losa) and Dominga Garcia.
Don Diego was the son of Juan Penalosa and Anastacia de
Herrera. He was born in 1689(?)
May 5, 1703, "in the Chapel of the Castle" he was married
to Miss Garcia. Bartolome Perez stood as he had done for so
many other de Pena children. Diego's sister, Ana, even married
from his house. You see, he was married to their grandmother,
(Anastacia Herrera's mother) Eufemia de Cabrera.
Miguel Lopez had no listing in FISH.
Yet on Moncrief Fish seemed to have this area.
See Esc: 1785, No. 276 for a good recitation for this.
Jose Respaladero had purchased the Ramon Gonzales property
at 139-J and is listed in Fish, No. 59. This was right next
to Miguel Lopez and presumably he had purchased this as well
tho it is not so indicated in Fish.
But in 1771 Juan Respaladero sold this property(Miguel Lopez
and Gonzales) to Adam Bachop, Master of the East Florida Schooner,
listed on DeBrahm, 1771.
In 1777, the widow, Ana Bachop deeded the property to Charles Shaw
from Shaw it went to Col. John Steward and then in 1785 to the
Notary, Don Domingo Rodriguez de Leon.
On Moncrief the north neighbor of Miguel Lopez was (or would
have been if Lopez had remained, really north neighbor of
Bachop, Respaladero..et al..) was Joseph Thomas, the InnKeeper.
John Smith has this later. This is interesting in view of the
fact that where the Loveland Shop is today may have been the
THOMAS INN. (British days)