Group Title: Historic St. Augustine: Block 13, Lot 7 Ortega
Title: Block 13 Lot 7
ALL VOLUMES CITATION MAP IT! THUMBNAILS PAGE IMAGE ZOOMABLE
Full Citation
STANDARD VIEW MARC VIEW
Permanent Link: http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00094788/00025
 Material Information
Title: Block 13 Lot 7
Series Title: Historic St. Augustine: Block 13, Lot 7 Ortega
Physical Description: Research notes
Language: English
Copyright Date: Public Domain
Physical Location:
Box: 6
Divider: Block 13 Lots 5-7
Folder: Ortega B13-L7
 Subjects
Subject: Saint Augustine (Fla.)
70 Saint George Street (Saint Augustine, Fla.)
Ortega House (Saint Augustine, Fla.)
Spatial Coverage: North America -- United States of America -- Florida -- Saint Johns -- Saint Augustine -- 70 Saint George Street
Coordinates: 29.895485 x -81.313128
 Record Information
Bibliographic ID: UF00094788
Volume ID: VID00025
Source Institution: University of Florida
Holding Location: University of Florida
Rights Management: All rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.
Resource Identifier: B13-L7

Full Text

J~u ^^3 A -7




The Ortega House shows on the 1764 map of Juan Joseph Elexio
de la Puente as number 101. On this map it indicates that
this house and another stone house with a kitchen on Spanish
Street was owned by Nicolas' de Ortega. The house also
appears on the English Moncrief map of 1764.

The house originally was built with only two rooms and a
loft. Later, in the British Period, the kitchen and loggia
to the west was added. In 1788 Don Diego Miranda lived in
the house. The Ortega house could have been built as early

as 1740. (More changes and additions by 1788.)

The Reja outside and the window seats inside the front two
rooms are typical of the first Spanish Period, or prior to

1764. The fireplace (is considered a British addition?)
was installed apparently during the English Period.










The Ortega House shows on the 1764 map of Juan Joseph Elexio
de la Puente as number 101. On this map it indicates that this
house and another stone house with a kitchen on Spanish Street
was owned by iKK Nicolas' de Ortega. The house also appears
on. the English Moncrief map of 1764.

The house originally was built with only two rooms and a loft.
Later wn the kitchen and loggia to the west was addedame-
p9'- Bad-_aa ... n 1788 v"'L Don Diego Miranda lived in the
house The Ortega house could have been built as early as
1740. imem^O^ h^8i^^i ^ y^^T\ )

The 4 4 outside and the window seats inside the front two rooms
are typical of the first Spanish Period, or prior to 1764.
The fireplace was installed apparently during the English
Period.





^ ^ ^A~fc^ ^^ MA^)




University of Florida Home Page
© 2004 - 2010 University of Florida George A. Smathers Libraries.
All rights reserved.

Acceptable Use, Copyright, and Disclaimer Statement
Last updated October 10, 2010 - - mvs